on 22 July 2014
First of all, I will not be reviewing the artistic, picture and sound quality of the individual movies but merely the set itself, as the movies have been described countless times on other Blu-ray releases. This Limited Collector's Edition is a Trekkie's dream come true. The box is very sturdy and has a cool golden artwork, which is present throughout the contents.

The Blu-ray box
It is also very sturdy with thick "pages", featuring 2 Blu-rays per page complete with artwork of the movies themselves. It's cool how the disk artwork matches the artwork around them.

The booklet
It's huge, jam-packed with photos and details regarding every movie. The pages are half-glossy and overall of extremely high quality. I'm not joking, it's REALLY high quality.

The memorabilia
The box also comes with film cells featuring artwork all around, 3 storyboards, a fabric Federation badge and a very nice blueprint of the amazing Enterprise-D. Each of this contents is high quality and a true collector's item.

What can I say, this is simply one of the best box sets I have ever purchased and I'm really proud of it, as there are only 5000 of them. Don't get fooled by the price. It's REALLY worth your money, but, then again, only if you're a die-hard Trekkie like myself. This set is a dream come true for fans. Buy it. You will not regret it.
on 13 December 2013
This limited (and numbered) collector's edition is possibly the best Star Trek movies collection ever made. I won't review the artistic quality of the 10 movies, I don't think it is the place and I also think if u are reading this review you probably know them. If u already have the single blu-rays or earlier movies collection, I advise to buy this item only to big trek fans, because the HD masters are the same as audio languages, subtitles, extras on the sigle discs; video quality is generally good but with some flaws and not close enough to contemporary blu-ray quality. Told so, this box comes higly recommended for all the rest of the customers!!! This collections offers a lot: a big, minimalist but elegant and resistant packaging; a digibook with really nice images which contains all the blu-rays, which now have the movie cover printed on its surfaces (single editions and previous versions were only grey). Then we have 2 more bonus discs which contained two acclaimed commentaries. Then, we have an illustrated book with nice photos and a lot of written information about the movie production. Here it comes the only mistake made in this collection: the book misses info and photos from the final 3 movies, don't know if this was because this book is a demo version or if it is a mistake 100%. Finally we got a special collection of film frames from all 10 movies, very nice and evocative. Oh, I was forgetting we also have a federation badge!! As u can see, this box is like a nerdish-geek-trekker fantasy come true, this time getting closer to what we can call a "definitive" collection, although it probably isn't. I would have loved to see also the movies in a newly refreshed HD master but...maybe another time!
However, this box is HIGLY RECOMMENDED.
on 10 October 2013
This might look like a bargain, you will get a book and a few bits. However if your going to spend nearly £100, then your going to want something more than a rerelease. If CBS actually listened to the fans, they might realise what is really wanted, more than fancy extras and books, is a Blu-Ray collection with both the original and directors cuts of the movies. Also a lot of the extras have been released before, but the choice is yours. My advice, save your money and get the old boxset.
LLAP...
99 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 October 2013
Since everyone seems to think it's OK to write a review for something that hasn't been released yet, I'm going to go ahead and give this 5 stars. Screw logic.
on 18 May 2016
This is fabulous - I love most of the extra fancy stuff they stuck in the pack and the bluray quality of the films is fab.

my only only only gripe is that the versions are not the directors edition extended versions, and they are not included either as an extra. So I will have to keep my dvds with those but I am still very happy with this set - looks great :)
on 12 November 2014
Excellently presented blu ray box set. Presentation is similar to the recent James Bond boc set; discs are presented in a case bound book. Very well made and well worth the money for any Trekkie or blu ray collector. Why don't they make more specials like this, especially for the uk market?
on 4 December 2013
I've bought this for my Fiancé for Christmas I opened it to check to make sure it was all ok and I was amazed at how great it looks i love the idea of the disc's being in a book like case it was well laid out and i can't wait to his face when he opens it at Christmas so if you know someone who is a Trekki get them this you won't look back :D
on 25 April 2016
I'm not a huge fan but once I saw a video review on You Tube for this, I just had to have it. Fantastic collectors edition.
For big fans, watch the review to see what it contains and you will buy it.
on 13 March 2016
Loved this collectors edition box set. Just what I needed to upgrade and replace my old DVD collection and a nice box and a great little book to support the collection. Can't wait to start watching them
on 10 May 2014
Loving this boxset very much, the box is alot bigger than I expected, I thought it'd be the size of a normal box set, with the discs in thin plastic cases, but no it's got a great book style case for the cd's and its about the size of A4 paper. the picture and sound quality is superb, It all looks and feels like it was filmed in the last 5-10 years, so it's a shock when you realise the ST: The Motion Picture was released over 30 years ago, even Nemesis is 12 year old. Delivery was excellent also, didn't expect it to arrive until Thursday 8th at the earliest, but it came Tuesday, all around fantastic.