on 27 July 2012
I was so disappointed with this product. If this manilla is heavyweight I'd hate to see the lightweight version! However the worse thing about the files is the clear plastic tabs that supposedly clip onto the top so you can label the contents of each file. They just constantly fall off and get lost inside the filing cabinet, meaning I have a chaotic drawer with unlabelled files. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and scrap the lot and try and find a better system.

I would say Don't buy this product. It may seem cheap but I've found it useless....
12 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 8 February 2014
Having recently purchased tow small metal filing cabinets, I needed to stock up on hanging files in order to re-organise our home papers.

This sort of item is always quite a costly stationery item, so I was well pleased to find these on Amazon at an excellent price.

These hanging files are not the strongest available, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. If they were to be purchased for Office Use I would say that they would not take a lot of in and out use and you would need stronger ones. For home use, in my opinion, they are perfectley adequate. I have got some fairly heavy items in mine (eg hard back A4 home accounts books, document files that are fairly full etc) and they seem to be coping well. We are not getting them in and out of the filing cabinets every day, so I suppose they are not getting a lot of wear and tear, but they are doing the job. I would not recommend over filling each suspension file though.
One person found this helpful
on 3 November 2011
These are excellent suspension files.

The main body is made from a thick gauge card which is strong and can hold a decent chunk of paper records without sagging or bending. I have noticed though that if I overfill them then the metal part can start to bend. However, to date I have never had one snap or become detached from the main part of the file.

The metal frame at the top perfectly fits both sides of the runners inside by filing cabinet. Even when they are stuffed fairly full of paper and being slid back and forward in the filing drawer they have never lost their grip or unbalanced.

They come with a clear plastic tab which can be easily clicked into place on the metal runner. I like that this can be placed in any position along the width of the metal frame. When you store lots of these files together it is really useful to be able to offset the plastic tabs so that you can easily read the labels without having to move all of the files. Perforated white card inserts are supplied for you to write on. These slot in the back of the clear plastic tabs. However, if you run out you can just cut your own card or paper to size and use that.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2015
Great files, seem sturdy enough to do the job well. Ok they are not the thickest files, but they are thick enough to do the job properly and the top metal part is strong and will not bend easily. I have quite a lot in some of mine and they are absolutely fine.
For people that left reviews that they didn't receive the paper insert for the plastic tabs, they are at the bottom of the box under all the files (or if you open from the other side, vice-versa).
Also I note that some people said the tabs don't stay on. They do, so long as you place them between the two little notches near the end of the file. They can be placed to the left or the right, there are notches either end.
on 21 July 2013
I bought these in 2008, in the more than four years I have had them, I have not had any problems with them being torn or ripped or breaking, and I have filled many quite to full or almost overflowing. If however newer ones are weaker I cannot say, but if they are the same they should be fine and for a good price too and cheaper than when I bought them at their current price.

I would however point out that I have had numerous problems with the tabs, they have broken a bit too easily for me and I have had to fix or replace or even label the folders themselves to make things easier.

They get four stars from me (because of the tab issue) and maybe this review should be taking as to how long the folders can last, if the current ones are the same quality as the ones I bought 4 and a half years ago.

There are two sizes of folders so make sure you get the right ones for your filing cabinets and file boxes.
on 7 July 2012
Before I purchased these suspension files I did a bit of research including reading customer reviews. I did wonder how you could get reviews as different as the following examples for the same product.
"Nice strong files, with strong metal hangers."
"metal a bit bendy and flimsey but ok, does the job just need to be gentle."
Well, the ones I received certainly match the second description rather than the first. They are quite flimsy, both the metal hangers and the 'card'. Just what the definition of 'Manila Heavyweight' is I'm not sure but I can only assume that the thickness of card used meets the requirements of the trade descriptions act. I would imagine if these files are filled up to the recommended maximum capacity of 15mm, that after a bit of use they would be destined for the rubbish bin.
I suppose at the price of £13.48 the quality is what you would expect though if I had paid the supposed RRP of £58.03 I would be asking for a refund!
9 people found this helpful
on 17 July 2012
Having read the description, knowing that I wanted A4 size files and not Foolscap, I got what I ordered! I have a slightly smaller filing cabinet (from Argos, ssshhh!!), which is why I was careful to order the right size.

Yes, they're A4 size, so they're slightly smaller (width) than the normal full-size Foolscap suspension files.

They're not as heavyweight as Foolscap, but then I didn't expect them to be. They're made of decent quality card and they have metal bands/hooks so they're still strong enough for a decent amount of paperwork, etc. Yes, be careful not to over-fill them, but then that should be standard practice anyway, shouldn't it?

If you want A4 suspension files, these do the job fine. 5 stars for 5 Star (the firm that made them)!

Delivery was quicker than the expected 3-5 days, so well done, Amazon!
on 28 March 2014
We got these just before Christmas and with the rush of everything I didn't even open them until January. They are much thinner and more flimsy than I was expecting. The tabs are different than most hanging file folders I've worked with. They actually clip on above the file (still enough room to close the file drawer) instead of slotting into pre-cut slots on the top edge of the files, and I think I like the tabs better like that actually. I probably won't be buying these file again though, although, I guess to be fair, they are holding documents and hanging in our file cabinet without breaking- which is what we wanted them for. I just would NEVER have called them Heavyweight. I actually find that amusing. I'd class them as lightweight.
on 7 March 2014
Very lightweight metal hangers of poor quality which tend to bend easily, I personally, have found them to become detached from my cabinet draw rails very easily and often. I replaced them with hangers from Argos that have thicker plastic rail hangers which operate much more smoothly and efficiently I also believe the gauge of cardboard to be slightly thicker. This is my own personal experience and others may find them to meet their expectations. In closing on the plus side, you do get over double the quantity of these hangers for the price, as such it's you get what you pay for. I would imagine these are at the budget end of the manufacturers market.
on 20 May 2018
Really robust. I use for storing my die-cutting dies, in their separate catagories, and these dividers cope really well with the weight of them. Easy to write on the paper and insert in the tabs, which click onto the dividers without a struggle.