5 Star Mouse Mat with 6mm Rubber Sponge Backing 248x220mm Blue
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£2.44+ Free shipping (Addon item)

VINE VOICEon 28 September 2013
I am really impressed with these very inexpensive mouse mats. They are far better than the ones which cost far more. I have been using one for just over a year, and the only thing wrong with it is the fabric has begun to come away from the backing. This has not been a problem for me because the fabric soon smoothes down again. However I will soon start to use one of the two replacements I have just bought - merely because the original is looking a bit shabby.
on 11 January 2013
It's actually WxD: 23cm x 19 NOT what it states.

This is good for the price if you're a office worker who doesn't need to move the mouse around a lot, and it's comfy, and smells nice :D . For an editor, size is too small and it slips.. I guess with the slipping though you could add a non slip mat because for the price, it's not too bad, but don't expect the world.

If you keep your arm rested on it, it doesn't move around, but if you don't, it moves with the mouse on a table for example, so make sure you put some rubber under it. For an office worker, the thickness is good because it will provide you support when using it.

Wish there was more colours... I'd have got black because now blue kinda looks weird when everything else is black and silver. This is better than the random ebay ones where the sides start to lift for around the same price! I wouldn't know though, I'll update in some weeks when I've tried it out long enough.

I don't know why people were saying it smells bad, it smells NEW and I love that smell on stuff, I don't know why people don't. It's an awesome smell xD like the new book smell.

Thing is, it's £1.27 as I write this, get it.
on 13 February 2014
The delivery was a bit slow but i'm using my laser mouse on this mouse matt and it moves really well, i boaght it as i was ruining my Beano book by using it as a mouse mat, i have been using the mouse mat since i got up and it's quite a nice size, not too big but just big enough, it fits on most of my Beano book so my book won't get damaged any more, i play on my PC on my bed as a i have a really small room.

I agree the color is darker than the picture but it's a nice dark blue i have no complaints, i did read about the material eventually peeling off but it's nothing a bit of fabric glue can't fix so you don't need to chuck it away when it peels off, the rubber backing is good too and it's nice and light, doesn't slide off my book. For a cheap mouse mat this is the mat to go for here on e-bay.
on 16 July 2012
The fabric cover began to peel away within a few weeks. You get what you pay for. If you use your PC every day, don't buy this, buy something better.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 December 2014
Its OK. It should be perfect, because how can a piece of appropriate density foam be otherwise as a mouse mat, but the trouble is the mouse doesn't exactly love it and sometimes I move the mouse but the cursor stays still on the computer screen. And as anyone improvising will know, not all surfaces are suitable for a mouse, especially slightly reflective surfaces. So I'm guess the 'sheen' on the mat is a bit too shiny? I recommend you buy a different one from somewhere else.
on 26 November 2012
This arrived very quickly, thanks Amazon and seller. Actually it's a good mat for the very reasonable price I paid. I've got a much larger one that cuts into the sides of my wrists. My mouse will only work on the blue side. I think another reviewer said that the black side worked too, but my mouse was totally unresponsive when I tried.
My mouse does sometimes skid off the mat, but that's my fault, I tend to hog space....
All in all it's a bargain and I'd recommend it not just for a spare but to use daily.
on 15 November 2013
This is a fairly plain mouse mat with limited features, but it functions well.

The slightly rubbery underside does a good job or sticking to a desk and the blue upper side is just springy enough to provide comfort to your hand as you move the mouse over it.

Its material hasn't show any signs of wearing out yet and it only loses a star because there is a little more resistance to movement than the SteelSeries surface I'm more used to for gaming.

Having said that, this is fine for office work and browsing the internet.
on 23 October 2012
Not a lot I can say about this product except that is a good mouse mat. It does everything a mouse mat should do. It is slidey enough on the top side that is it suitable to modern mice, and also has enough friction due to it's fabric layer that it would suit the older ball type mice. The bottom is just rubbery enough to stop it from sliding when moving the mouse.

Regarding service, the product arrived quickly enough with no problems from the manufacturer. The price for the product can not be grumbled at, so all in all, I've given five stars to both the product and the supplier.

Recommended *****
on 6 February 2013
Do not last long, a few months and the cloth start to lift at the edges, a few more months & you end up with a piece of rubber and a thin cloth. Reverted back to a 2006 freebie from a job agency and it looks brand new, but had to place the pc box on the edge to keep it from sliding around. hmmmmmmmm maybe if I find where I threw out the rubber, maybe I can stick the 2006 pad onto the rubber so it won't slide around. Great product if you just need a piece or rubber and a buffing cloth
on 17 February 2012
I thought my mouse wasn't working properly and thought I was going to have to purchase a new one - but decided to try buying a new mouse mat (a much cheaper alternative) and I am very pleased with it.

After a couple of months use the edges of the material started to come away from the foam base - I guess you get what you pay for!

Review edited - the top blue cover started to come away from the back foam after a few months use. Still not bad value for money though. I have reduced my original star rating from 5 to 4 because of the above.