on 14 March 2015
This item is rubbish, the spindle lugs are plastic and they break off, don't waste your money on this item, I've attached photos of the spindle,
I'll be sending mine back today!
review image review image
on 29 May 2010
Well what a nice shiny heavy stable and can cut the tape dispenser.

I bought this to bring to work as where I work the ones they order must be from the bottom of the seconds pile as they blade to cut the tape is so blunt!!

Looks great on my desk nice black and shiny - so impressed i am ordering one for home.
on 21 June 2017
This is the second one I have bought. Neither has been black - the first was blue and the second red! They are called Heavy Duty! Well the base is heavy duty but the thing that breaks is the wheel which is flimsy plastic and has tiny little supports, which broke - this one seems to be the same - other one lasted a few months...
on 17 January 2015
Looked everywhere for a heavy duty tape dispenser, bought so many whihc were clumsy and lightweight and had to hold down the dispenser where using, This Purchase beats them all , very heavy stays on the table when using it,
clean tape cutter , tape rolls From the dispenser quite easly and freely.

Hold the longest length tape, very useful....

The order arrived by courier not Royal Mail

very good value for money, All the others went in the bin.

Great Product, Highly recommended.
on 9 October 2016
I have had this dispenser for just under a year and I use it very infrequently at home and one lug from the central spindle has snapped rendering the dispenser unusable. I am finding it impossible to contact the seller and to get a replacement part rather than the whole product.5 Star Tape Dispenser Desk Weighted Non-slip Capacity 25mm Width Black - Ref 920136
review image
Well, what can i say bout this 'ere tape dispenser, other than it's ok apart from the fact that it doesn't want to cut the tape cleanly, and myself being disabled, find that a bit of a bind, but apart from that it's ok, it's heavy enough not to move, wherever i put it... and it looks nothing like the picture... apart from the fact that it is red!!
on 17 August 2017
I ordered this a couple of years ago and received the dispenser in the picture, which was great. Ordered again and got blue when I ordered black. I did not really mind, until I took it out of the plastic. The item was very cheap and literally rough around the edges. The blue coating also came off all over my hands and took quite some scrubbing to get off, god knows what it is! I bought this for my children but it went straight in the bin.
on 12 August 2017
This is NOT the item as advertised. We have a fantastic weighted 5 star black tape dispenser ... that's the picture that is shown. It's NOT this item which is cheap, hardly weighted and cheap plastic. Don't buy it.
review image
on 3 December 2015
The blade won't stay in - and became blunt quickly after use. The weighting is helpful, and the clips permit a couple of different tape sizes.
on 30 July 2017
Just what I wanted, this item for the price is of good construction and feels a lot more expensive thn it was.