- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Star Authors: Literary Celebrity in America Paperback – 20 Feb 2000
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Joe Moran's book is a long overdue study of the way that cultures of celebrity and authorship interact to sell books in the United States. His subjects are not best-selling authors, but the so-called literary ones - that is the serious authors who win prizes and are taught in universities ( but who also happen to sell a lot of books). His aim is to" challenge the way the emergence of literary celebrity is most commonly explained - in terms of the vulgarisation of literary life by commercial mass media in America...." Star Authors" provides a much needed framework in which to study recent American fiction." Times Literary Supplement
About the Author
Joe Moran is Lecturer in English and American Studies at Liverpool John Moores University.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > France
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology