- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1664 KB
- Print Length: 60 pages
- Publisher: HarperPress; ePub ed edition (25 Oct. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0092HPWT6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 37 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #27,162 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|This price was set by the publisher.|
Stalin: History in an Hour Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I read this book over a weekend. It held my interest - I did not find it at all boring. On the contrary, I found it very interesting.
I was impressed that, even when a chapter ended with Stalin's death, I was only 60% of the way through the book. "What follows?" I wondered. The answer was three very interesting chapters ('Stalin's Historiography', 'Stalin the Man' and 'De-Stalinisation') and two appendices - 'Key Players' and 'Stalin Timeline'. Those chapters reinforced what I had already learned from the book and therefore aided my learning. The structure of the book, therefore, is in my opinion excellent.
For those who wish a deeper insight there are other books out there. For those, like me, who wanted to know what all the talk had been about, this is a really good introduction and explanation of Stalin and his strange ideas of how to make his country a better place. Of course, if he had listened he would have known those ideas wouldn't work. But like all men of his ilk, if you didn't agree with him you simply disappeared!
It gave an immediate impression of the tyrant, and the almost hypnotic hold he had on his cronies (they thought), and the Russian nation as a whole.
The book left me with a number of questions that require answering, such as How did he earn his living while he was whipping up . the workers. How did he find his time in prison and what lead him to make some of the decisions that lead to so much harm.
Once I finished reading the book I found a need to learn ore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having known who Stalin was for a while, I did not know much about him. It was an interesting insight to one of the most important people in recent history.Published 5 months ago by Dan Ferris
Caught my attention interesting, leaving me wanting to know more and I'm glad that I had also purchased the Rise and Fall of Stalin.Published 5 months ago by Aud
Gives an easy and digestible about if information in chronological order ...good research text .... Used it to support my understanding of Animal FarmPublished 11 months ago by Rose
Very good introduction to the rule of the bloody Russian dictator who's paranoia never slept.Published 14 months ago by Ian Haworth
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Russia
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > Political > Political Leaders & Leadership
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > France > French Heads of State
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Europe > Russia
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Political History > Politicians
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Europe
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Russia
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > World
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Leadership