Colour Name: Black|Change

on 11 March 2015
As with most Stagg kit, it is cheap and adaquete for most uses. The plugs and sheathing do seem a bit flimsy, but the cables are fine functionally.

One note of warning though - I have noticed some significant buzzing when plugged into my condensor mics which I assume is a result of the phantom power. I have a few of these Stagg cables so I tried the same mic with all of them and had the same problem. I then bought some Power Wave Classics and there was no buzzing anymore, so I'd say avoid using these with condenser mics.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 January 2016
Great quality lead, I have been a musician for 25 years and have owned every lead in the galaxy, Stagg are great quality, Don't seem to break down inside quickly like other brands and the connectors are great. Whilst still a budget lead you get a lot for your money.
on 10 February 2013
I revived a Male XLR - Female XLR standard cable.

The wording is slightly funny in the description as it doesn't actually mention anything other than its "standard"

Its a great XLR cable and has a good amount of rubber on the cable that weights it down and gives great flexibility.

Connections have been good and using my sound mixer i received perfect sound through the cable compared to my other cables.

Only thing is its slightly stiff but i think thats just because i'm used to older more worn connexions.
on 16 December 2012
I've always thought of stagg as a decent quality name, so after three successive faulty mic leads bought from ebay I thought I'd try this one.

The lead was used once per fortnight for a few hours at a time (so not hammered), but it started to fail after only 2 months.

I couldn't really recommend them- it seems plenty of people have had good use from them, but there are also a significant number of failures- too many failures for me to take a chance on buying another one.

My cheap no-brand lead from maplins has outlasted three ebay leads and this stagg lead, and is still going strong, so I'm not wasting any more money on internet suppliers- there always seems to be a catch. Who knows, perhaps these were a cheap job lot- you never really know.
I'm beginning to wonder whether it is even possible to buy an acceptable quality lead on the internet.
on 19 July 2012
Not the cable I want, this is XLR to jack, I need XLR to XLR which is what is pictured. The description says "standard microphone cable" which doesn't tell you what it is. There is no "standard" for plugging mic's in it could be either. Don't go by the picture or the description, it's an XLR to jack.
on 28 April 2014
Bought this cable to go with a set of microphones and it was just what we needed.
Only problem was the end connector was different to our system and we had to buy an adapter so it would fit.
Apart from that an all round good product.
on 9 October 2015
Very good XLR cable which works well with my microphone and the interface (focusrite scarlet 2i2). If I need another I would definitely look into this again and treat this as a viable option. The cable is very thick and can be routed round a lot of pieces of equipment.
on 17 September 2014
I used the microphone twice - for my singing gigs. It was excellent for the first time and I was really pleased. The second time, it kept cutting out and ruined the performance.
I would be happy to try another one - in the hope that this was a rare faulty one - would, of course, be happy to send the current one back to Amazon.

Gareth Morgan
on 6 June 2016
Lasted about 6 weeks, i'm sick of mic cables breaking, this is the third Stagg i've tried I obviously need to try something a lot more expensive, what does 'limited lifetime warranty' mean? 6 Weeks? How do I get that?
on 2 June 2011
I use it for recording music through the mixer and other stuff and no interference noticed so far. A good product. Recommend.