on 3 January 2016
Good points, well made for the money with the locks and pivot points being secure, even under some weighty musical documents. The downsides, it is difficult to gain a variable angle with the face plate. Ideally I wanted this to fit onto a 30mm diameter frame but due to the grip machanism and thread petruding into the 'gap' area I doubt if this could fit to a 27mm diameter rod. Although I've managed to connect this to another support I would have liked to seen the diameter that this could be attached to rather than the clamp diameter of 14-35 mm.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2015
Needing a music stand to go with a drum kit, i'd looked at the free standing versions but decided to go for one that attached to a cymbal stand.
Initially i was going to go for the large version but the measurements were very large, so decided to go for the small. After seeing the large stand was lansdcape in dimension, the image of the small stand also looked (at first glance) landscape, but when it arrived it was vertical.. No biggie, but the image is a little deceiving. It attaches well to the cymbal stand and just fits an Open A4 drum book, if you dont mind it hanging off the edges a bit.

The extension arm is only 6 inches to the first swivel point, so don't expect too much placement options other than in front of the stand or slightly to the sides, but it's very sturdy and has a clear rubber gromet on the end of the nut so you don't scratch your stand when you tighten it.
One person found this helpful
on 12 September 2015
This is far, far too clumsy and HEAVY for its purpose and the clamps are inadequate to hold it in place properly. Mic stands are by their nature susceptible to knocking over, with this load on top, it's almost inevitable! Surely Stagg's design engineers could have lightened the materials in some way, even if alloy were too expensive to use, cutting out more of the metal in the hole patterns would have helped. It's only holding sheet music, after all. Possibly even replacing the surfcae with some sort of wire mesh or metal strips would make it more useable and indeed lighter to carry also. Going back to the drawing board would help this product enormously!
One person found this helpful
on 5 April 2014
having bought this almost a year ago, I have some slight regrets but considering the rather cramp rehearsal space, I almost cannot find a more suitable alternative at the right price point. the main issue is that the unit's bracket arm that secures the "document platform" to the mic stand is just two inches too short. It means that with my boom stand the whole thing can only be placed at certain angles, which is not ideal if lighting is not coming from behind.

In any case, I'm sure many others will have found more innovative ways to use it to their benefit. I'll just have to keep tinkering!
on 6 March 2016
Its quite weighty so will need a heavy duty stand to avoid toppling over, but that's Ok its not a criticism. It works well enough but I found that the screw clamp fitting between clamp and sheet music holder can disconnect too easily if any strain is put on it. Just be aware and careful when setting up. On a plus, I now have one less stand in front of me when playing and anything that reduces the amount of kit needed is very welcome.
on 6 November 2016
I've had this item for some time now, and apart from the fact the back plate bracket on my particular one is set slightly off central (which affects my OCD of everything being bang on straight and level!) I am very pleased with this mic stand music holder. It's very good value and does the job really well.
Having a stand for my music connected to my mic stand not only saves on floor space, but makes every thing look neat and tidy. It also makes for quick and easy movement (if one has to during a performance).
on 5 August 2016
I wasn't sure that this was going to do the job for me but took a chance and I have ordered a second one.
Teaching music and needing to do my own practice means I am often working on several pieces at once and displaying this much music at any one time was proving difficult, even with extended stands.
If you find yourself in this position then this product will be for you. Easy to position and adjust I was working away in no time.
on 10 November 2017
I bought this for it's size, versatility, and durability. It is certainly durable and a good size but I found it didn't have enough adjustment for my use so I returned it. I've given it the most stars I can to indicate product quality.
on 17 September 2012
My fault - I should have studied the picture better. It is an A4 sized stand in portrait orientation. As such I assume it is designed for sheet music (but folded). It would be very useful if it were landscape i.e. longer than it is high. Perfect size for an open notebook or even full sized music book. There were other reviews that mentioned the arm could be longer. The arm SHOULD be longer. The plate fouls the mic stand when you try to change the angle. This was a replacement for the small Quicklok stand that I lost (but half the price). I will probably buy that one again now.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 August 2014
I bought this to hold my tablet or single A4 music sheets on my mic stand. Like others have said I think the arm could do with being just a little longer to make it easier to fit it to the side and clear the mic stand and for this reason I give it only 3 stars as it doesn't fully fill my requirements. I had to return the first one as the thread on one of the screws was badly formed and wouldn't tighten. It was collected and a replacement sent very promptly. It's a good item and it's well made. Just a shame the arm isn't a cm or 2 longer.