on 8 January 2015
Just the job. Sturdy enough to hold my heavy studio condenser mic without it drooping. It's mainly for home use but would stand up to the odd gig every now and then. Comes with Euro/US adapter.
on 11 February 2015
It's a bit heavy but gets the job done for a good price.
on 6 January 2015
Works great for the most part, however, the weight of my mic causes the arm to lower.
on 1 March 2011
Can't complain about this product. It's well priced and well build. I would disagree with the other review that the adjustment locks are too tight as mine seem fine. It's sturdy and well finished though I would say it wouldn't survive too many rough punk/rock gigs being thrown around stage as it's not as chunky as more expensive models and it doesn't feel like it could take the abuse. Having said that acoustic artists or those who don't abuse their gear should find this last ages. Being a rocker myself I have bought this for studio use only so it shouldn't get thrown around too much. It has taken many different types of microphone already and I've not had any problems attaching mic cradles.

Oh one thing to note this does not have a mic holder - if you're expecting to use it right out the box and use a cheap mic or one that wasn't supplied with it's own cradle then you'll need to buy that too.

EDIT: It's now mid-July and I've had this for over 4 months. In that time I was actually forced to use it in a gig situation (a hard rock gig) and it stood up well, even to being thrown about. Still not sure if it'd take that kind of abuse night after night but I am still impressed for how well it performs for the money.
on 12 September 2008
Very solid product, sturdy and obviously adjustable. The only bad thing i can find about this is that the adjusting screws are EXTREMELY tight, we had to use heavy tools to open them at first, and even now they are still a bit stuff (hurts your hands!). I'd reccommend Stagg, but look for something a bit more pricey with ergonomic adjusting screws.
on 15 July 2011
My daughter had been looking for a stand for her condenser microphone, I didn't want to spend too much so this was excellent value. You can probably buy better quality ones for more money but if you just want a basic stand, this should do the trick. My daughter plays the guitar (doesn't sing) and wanted an adjustable stand so she could sit or stand with the mike at the appropriate level. Delivery was fairly quick and although the box was a bit battered when it arrived, the stand wasn't damaged. All in all, very pleased with the purchase
on 2 June 2015
Awful product. I bought 3 of these last year and was very happy with the high quality stands I recieved. However after buying another three from this company advertising it under the same product name have been sent, 3 tacky small ones. Due to mistakes by myself when attempting to return the products I've decided to keep them. Thankfully they are only backup stands and I hope I never need them as I'll be embarrassed to present them to bands. Keep scrolling people. Not what it says on the tin
on 6 September 2012
Arrived pretty quickly and does the job. Adjusting under the boom is a bit fiddly and where the mic holder goes it sometimes doesn't stay in the place where I've put it under the weight of the mic but you get what you pay for. It's not the best but it does the job I've used it for one gig so far and it's worked fine for me, so if you're on a budget and don't mind not having the best of the best then this one is fine.
on 20 February 2012
It's very sturdy, well built and not too heavy.
Another great product from Stagg.
It's a nice addition to my home studio.
on 31 May 2015
I bought this stand to replace an older, metal mic stand for live use. As I only sing on a few tracks, I just needed a stand to hold the mic in place throughout the set and assumed that even at this price point the stand would do the job. Unfortunately, I was wrong. First impressions of seeing the thin, rough, plastic construction didn't bode well but I thought I'd still give it a try and took it down to the gig. Then, as we were setting up, I soon realised that this stand couldn't even stably support the weight of a standard mic. Even after tightening all of the parts as much as possible without risk of them snapping off (which is a very real possibility given their construction), the mic still wouldn't stay in place and the entire stand was permanently on the brink of falling over. I quickly swapped back to the older stand despite it being very much past its best and definitely will not be using this one again. I guess you get what you pay for but I definitely expected better even at this low(ish) price. Very disappointed, one of the worst purchases I can remember.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse