Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 28 August 2006
This book gives you the chance to really find out all there is to know about our patron saint. Its about time that a book like this was available for all to read. All school children should have the opportunity to read and study this book as it is clear and informative and really paints a true picture of St George.

St Georges day needs to be embraced by England and celebrated fully. Buy this book for you, your friends and family and get to know the real St George. I enjoyed it so much and really hope other people enjoy it as much as I did. I found the book to be easy to read with each chapter having a new and interesting angle. I found it surprising at times and praise the author for a well researched and stimulating read. I look forward to reading his previous book " The Holy Grail" and look forward to his new book "Byzantium" which I see will be published next year.

Highly reccommended
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 3 July 2010
I thought this would be the ideal confirmation for my 11 year-old grandson - who was taking George as his confirmation name - because the reviewer said "this is a book every (English? British?) child should read". I was disappointed when the book arrived to find there were no illustrations and it looks much too "dry" and adult for the average teenger. I am sure it's a book I should enjoy though! I needed to see the layout inside and to see there were NO illustrations before making my choice.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse