- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Squarespace 6 for Dummies Paperback – 5 Sep 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Build a professional website without knowing how to code
- Style built–in templates for a unique look
- Create stunning photo galleries
- Sell anything using the built–in e–commerce solution
Turn your ideas into a terrific website, store, or blog with Squarespace and this book!
New to website building? Or just new to Squarespace? Either way, this book will show you how to build and manage absolutely awesome websites, e–commerce stores, and blogs using Squarespace 6. Become your own web designer using simple–to–style templates and LayoutEngine, a revolutionary feature that makes it easy to create a site that works great on both desktops and mobile devices.
- Why Squarespace is cool save steps by keeping everything online and build a site with drag–and–drop ease
- Get going sign up for a Squarespace account, choose a template, and begin adding your content
- Give it style start with a professionally designed template and then choose colors, fonts, and images to make it your own
- Know your purpose plan your site and choose the best page type for your purpose: blog, gallery, event listing, or products page
- Building blocks create content, add multimedia, establish navigation, and automate updates with Squarespace blocks
- Open for business use Squarespace Commerce to set up an online store that′s easy to manage and promote
- Monitor activity see how many people come to your site, where they came from, and what content is most popular
- Managing on the go update your blog, capture your ideas, and share your galleries using free Squarespace mobile apps
Open the book and find:
- How to sign up for your first Squarespace account
- Tips for painlessly managing an e–commerce store
- Detailed explanations of all site features and settings
- Advice on choosing fonts and colors
- Ways to customize site elements
- How to include content from social media accounts
- Ten features of a good website
- Examples of how to make money with your website
About the Author
Kris Black is a self–taught web professional who began building websites in 1998 and has been using Squarespace since 2004. He was also a customer support team member for Squarespace, Inc. When he′s not writing books about Squarespace, Kris is using it to design websites.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book really helped me understand both the strengths and limitations of Squarespace and gave me an approach to building the site which was practical and straightforward.
I particularly like the references to other SS sites, all as clickable links in my Kindle version.
The book assumes virtually no tech knowledge but had sections which pointed the way for those with coding ambitions!
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com