SquareTrade 5-Year TV Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£900-1000 Items)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- No Paper: We email your policy within 24 hours and let you store your receipts with us for a paperless claims process.
- Mechanical and Electrical Claims: Your warranty plan begins on the date you purchased your item and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period.
- Accidental Cover: Accident cover starts on day 1, after you purchase the item.
- No Excess: Zero excess on SquareTrade warranties.
- Availability: Available for items purchased on or outside of Amazon.co.uk
What does a SquareTrade plan cover?
Protection from drops, spills & you
Drop it? Spill on it? Run over it? No worries. We cover accidents caused by you and people you know. (Plan does not cover intentional damage, loss, or theft.)
Protection from normal, everyday use
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. SquareTrade covers you beyond the manufacturer's warranty, including parts and labour.
SquareTrade Protection Plan
What else does a SquareTrade plan include?
100% parts & labour
We've got you covered.
5-day service guarantee
For smaller shippable items sent into our service centre, we will repair or replace your item in five working days after we've received it, or your plan is free.
In-home service for large items
For large items, we'll send a technician to your home, or you can arrange for your own repair provider and we'll reimburse you. Your choice.
If you need a repair while abroad, send us a valid repair receipt for your item and we will reimburse you within five business days.
Cancel or transfer anytime
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 45 days. Refunds are pro rata after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your SPAM filter if you don't receive it.)
How does a SquareTrade plan work?
File a claim online 24/7, or over the phone from 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 6pm Sat-Sun (GMT).
We’ll provide free express postage to and from our service depot. For large items, we’ll send a technician to your home.
If we can't repair or replace it, we'll pay you the replacement value.
Things to know:
- Please note: Your Protection Plan Contract will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase. If you don't receive it, please contact 0808 189 1453.
- The purchase of this protection plan is not a requirement of your Amazon.co.uk purchase. SquareTrade Protection Plans purchased on Amazon are only available for new products.
- These SquareTrade Protection Plans are sold and administered by SquareTrade Limited ("SquareTrade"), which includes the processing of your information by SquareTrade. SquareTrade is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 538538.
- This insurance is arranged by SquareTrade Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA.
- UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website or by calling the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
- By purchasing this protection plan you confirm that you have read and understood this important information, the Product description, general information, Terms and Conditions and the Key Facts document, and that you satisfy the qualifying conditions detailed in these documents.
- You can buy extended warranties from other companies. You do not have to buy the warranty at the same time as the product. Other forms of protection, such as home contents insurance, may meet your needs.
Still have questions?
Just call us at 0808 189 1453 from 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 6pm Sat-Sun (GMT).
Please note: Your Warranty Contract will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase and not mailed to you. If you don’t receive it, please contact 0800 433 4789.
The purchase of this extended warranty is not a requirement of your Amazon.co.uk purchase.
These SquareTrade extended warranties are sold and administered by SquareTrade Limited (“SquareTrade”), which includes the processing of your information by SquareTrade. SquareTrade is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 538538.
Your Insurance has been arranged by SquareTrade Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA. UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
By purchasing this extended warranty you confirm that you have read and understood this important information, the Product description, general information, Terms and Conditions and the Key Facts document, and that you satisfy the qualifying conditions detailed in these documents.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
They state "The last thing you want when your item breaks down is a cheap refurbished item that is two generations old. If your item breaks and can't be fixed, you will be reimbursed your full item replacement cost". Yet on the key facts PDF document (the small print) they state they may, at their discretion, "Provide a new, rebuilt, or refurbished product of the same or newer model"
They also state that "Reimbursement may be in the form of a cash settlement or a gift card from the merchant from which you bought the insured item." but I was told on the phone the gift card would be from Amazon regardless of where you bought your item from.
Contradictory information here so buyer beware.
You can even claim back 50% of the price back if you do not make a claim and cancel the warranty after 30 months or less.
I called to ask about a few anomolies which had been noticed by other buyers and was reassured that the policy wording was not correct and changes had been made that have not yet been reflected in the fine print. The anomolies were that advertised information on amazon said that no refurbished, rebuilt or second generation products would be given in replacement for unrepairable items but in the policy it says that at the insurers discretion they may offer this. It was confirmed that no rebuilt or refurbished 2nd generation goods would be offered as replacements only repair (if possible) cash settlement or a gift card for Amazon. Also it stated that a cash refund would be given for the full purchase price of the insured item but in the policy it says that the insurer may give a cash settlement or a gift card for a retailer. I was informed that any gift card would be for Amazon otherwise it would be a cash settlement. I am quite happy to buy from Amazon anyway as their return policy and customer service are second to none!
Square Deal answered the phone very quickly, were very responsive to my questions and dealt with setting up my policy with ease. Very pleasant mannered and great customer service. Certainly a refreshing change to some companies I have had to deal with in the past.
This warranty cost me £175.49 for 5 years yet the same warranty from Comet would have cost £479.99.Read more ›
I don't normally purchase this type of insurance cover, as you'll probably find that your not covered! But I looked into the small print for this policy, and I'm surprised what's covered, nearly everything, seems like a good deal so I purchased, works out much cheaper than Argos or the equvalent!
Better safe than sorry, and you can be at these prices.
I did not expect the purchase of my warranty to be so customer friendly and this makes a refreshing change.
Very simply they send you an email the same day with all the terms and conditions (not as long as most other contracts) and then that's it pretty much done. They even call you up the next day to confirm that you've received the email and check that you're happy with everything. One thing they did mention over the phone is to make sure that you keep your receipt (in this case email from Amazon) safe, or you can even send a copy into square-trade via their website for safe keeping.
So far so good, hopefully if there are any problems it should be as easy and simply to solve as square-trade make it out to be.