SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (Below £50 Items)
|Price:||£40.84 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- No Paper: We email your policy within 24 hours and let you store your receipts with us for a paperless claims process.
- Mechanical and Electrical Claims: Your warranty plan begins on the date you purchased your item and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period.
- Accidental Cover: Accident cover starts on day 1, after you purchase the item.
- No Excess: Zero excess on SquareTrade warranties.
- Availability: Available for items purchased on or outside of Amazon.co.uk
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
What does a SquareTrade plan cover?
Protection from drops, spills & you
Drop it? Spill on it? Run over it? No worries. We cover accidents caused by you and people you know. (Plan does not cover intentional damage, loss, or theft.)
Protection from normal, everyday use
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. SquareTrade covers you beyond the manufacturer's warranty, including parts and labour.
SquareTrade Protection Plan
What else does a SquareTrade plan include?
100% parts & labour
We've got you covered.
5-day service guarantee
For smaller shippable items sent into our service centre, we will repair or replace your item in five working days after we've received it, or your plan is free.
In-home service for large items
For large items, we'll send a technician to your home, or you can arrange for your own repair provider and we'll reimburse you. Your choice.
If you need a repair while abroad, send us a valid repair receipt for your item and we will reimburse you within five business days.
Cancel or transfer anytime
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 45 days. Refunds are pro rata after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your SPAM filter if you don't receive it.)
How does a SquareTrade plan work?
File a claim online 24/7, or over the phone from 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 6pm Sat-Sun (GMT).
We’ll provide free express postage to and from our service depot. For large items, we’ll send a technician to your home.
If we can't repair or replace it, we'll pay you the replacement value.
Things to know:
- Please note: Your Protection Plan Contract will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase. If you don't receive it, please contact 0808 189 1453.
- The purchase of this protection plan is not a requirement of your Amazon.co.uk purchase. SquareTrade Protection Plans purchased on Amazon are only available for new products.
- These SquareTrade Protection Plans are sold and administered by SquareTrade Limited ("SquareTrade"), which includes the processing of your information by SquareTrade. SquareTrade is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 538538.
- This insurance is arranged by SquareTrade Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA.
- UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA's website or by calling the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
- By purchasing this protection plan you confirm that you have read and understood this important information, the Product description, general information, Terms and Conditions and the Key Facts document, and that you satisfy the qualifying conditions detailed in these documents.
- You can buy extended warranties from other companies. You do not have to buy the warranty at the same time as the product. Other forms of protection, such as home contents insurance, may meet your needs.
Still have questions?
Just call us at 0808 189 1453 from 8am to 8pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 6pm Sat-Sun (GMT).
Please note: Your Warranty Contract will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase and not mailed to you. If you don’t receive it, please contact 0800 433 4789.
The purchase of this extended warranty is not a requirement of your Amazon.co.uk purchase.
These SquareTrade extended warranties are sold and administered by SquareTrade Limited (“SquareTrade”), which includes the processing of your information by SquareTrade. SquareTrade is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 538538.
Your Insurance has been arranged by SquareTrade Limited with UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA. UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
By purchasing this extended warranty you confirm that you have read and understood this important information, the Product description, general information, Terms and Conditions and the Key Facts document, and that you satisfy the qualifying conditions detailed in these documents.
Top Customer Reviews
My macbook pro stopped working, I called Square Trade and arranged my laptop to be taken for the next day.
My laptop was held for over 5 weeks during which I kept calling Square Trade and asking when they planing to send my laptop back.
Somewhere near the forth week I got a full refund on warranty as an apology for keeping my laptop for so long. All the warranty policy, however stayed in place.
I was happy with this solution until I received my laptop back. I did't work. Front cover was not mine, full of scratches and with few dents. On the receipt It was stated that only the hard drive was changed.
I contacted the SquareTrade and was advised to call Apple Support and take my laptop to iStore if needed, and that SquareTrade would cover any repairs. I took laptop to the local iStore after my call to Apple Support. They opened it and asked if laptop was refurbished showing me that some cables were in places where they should not be. They told me that it was repaired in a really unprofessional way.They tried changing RAM, it didn't help but after few hour computer started working by itself.
I took it home just to notice that my backlit keyboard didn't work, I had also problems with the key 's', and the trackpad was making very funny sounds at times, felt very uncomfortable, and on few occasions it was clicking just upon gentle touch without actual click.
I contacted SquareTrade many times, I told them that some parts of my laptop are not mine, that front cover and keyboard are not mine and that laptop is worse than it was before sending it to their depot. I asked for money back as they failed to provide the service. I kept calling them everyday for few days until finally manager called me.Read more ›
How can four plus stars be given to a product that has not been tested in practice - very misleading!!!
But it doesn't take long to work out that this is a poor deal for Amazon customers and a great one for 'Square Trade'.
Try looking at it as a bet, based on the one-time warranty/insurance premium paid and the amount insured - it suddenly becomes a "D'oh!" deal.
Something Homer might go for? ;)
Starting with the lowest level of cover - machines from £100 to £125 - Square Deal want £45 for 3 years cover.
OK - if it's a £125 laptop/netbook we divide 125 by 45, and the answer is 2.78.
You might think that these are odds of 2.78 to 1, but a bookie gives you your bet back and insurers are craftier than that.
To calculate a bookies odds, we must subtract the £45 'bet' from the £125 'payback' before dividing.
This time we get odds of 1.78 to 1 - or short enough odds for a sure thing.
It gets worse if we consider the £100 end of the price range - 1.22 to 1 - or pretty near even odds. A 'racing certainty'?
Looked at from an insurance/warranty perspective, if we are generous and use the best-case 2.78 to 1 odds, this means that 1 in 3 - a third of the insured laptops - can be a total loss inside the 3 year period and 'Square Trade' can still make a small profit. How often do insurance claim incidents happen to you?
OK, I can think of one 10-year-old who has a happy tendency to wreck things, but do you want to be paying a premium that supports the accident-prone 10-year-old laptop owners?Read more ›
Amazon is listing particular one I wanted for approx £169 including AD. Another website listed the EXACT same policy for £133 and it gave me the option to purchase it.
I contacted Squaretrade to find out what was going on to be told 'That policy is exclusive to products bought on that site' despite all the T&C's and info NOT saying that what so ever (I mean it has the option to add the indivudual policy to your basket and completely pay for it/arrange delivery!). I asked if they could match the price as it seemed a bit unfair to pay £40+ for the same thing?
They went away for approx a day or so to look into and came back to say 'Nope, you have to go to the other site and buy the more expensive one', I was informed if I didn't despite the policies being identical in wording/coverage when I came to claim they'd reject it and just refund my money (but wouldnt do this UNTIL I needed to claim).
It seems like they've got a pretty decent scam going on here, setting multiple prices for various websites but forcing you to always buy from the most expensive one otherwise they invalidate your cover. If this is how the company operates i'm quite glad I never took cover out with them... I expected more considering all these 'glowing reports'.
All in all a let down, instead of doing the right thing and merely going 'Yes we'll match it' they dug their heels in, wasted my time and theirs and lost a customer. I was more than happy to buy the policy but why should I pay £40 extra for the same thing, they even tried to make out the policies were different and there was 'less coverage' which is simply not the case. Someone is telling fibs and I don't think they have a clue what they're doing....
Most Recent Customer Reviews
printed out warranty as well as recieved one through the post,hope i will not have to use itPublished 12 months ago by peter holbrow
i am writing this on my windows vista home premium acer machine, after four weeks of struggling with the lenovo and windows 10. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Jamie Sutton
Very Pleased Thanks and if and When I need it I trust all will go as Great as the service offered thanksPublished 12 months ago by Derick Knight