Customer reviews

Format: Board book|Change

on 4 January 2013
We bought this after my little girl enjoyed Spot's First Christmas so much. I bought the hardback version as I thought it would be more hard wearing and we might get more use out of it - the Christmas book is now very dog eared! Anyway, I was disappointed by the cover because I expected it to be board based and it's more heavy paper but the biggest disappointment is the story. I expected to be entertained by Spot at his birthday party and the fun things that he does but in reality, it's just Spot playing Hide and Seek with different animals except for the vert first and last pages. It seems like a big con to get you to buy this book as a birthday present!!
on 4 October 2014
Spot is my little boy's all time favourite book. He is 19 months old and he has been having Spot as a story since he was a few months old. He loves lifting the flaps to see what's underneath, he can be a little bit rough with them sometimes and we have lost the odd flap, but that is to be expected. they are well built and durable, the flaps took quite a bit of punishment before we lost one.
on 4 March 2017
My Son a loves the flaps. Can't go wrong with Spot.
on 17 February 2015
Great book, my kids love all the spot lift the flap books
on 10 August 2017
great
on 7 March 2010
I've reviewed a number of books from the Spot series on Amazon, and I'm always positive about them. When my daughter was younger, she loved Spot books. My son, who's 2, loves them now.

In 'Spot's Birthday Party', there's a game of hide and seek. The guests at the party hide, and the reader helps Spot find them by looking behind the flaps. There are clues as to which of Spot's friends are behind each flap (e.g. banana skins on the page where the monkey's hiding), which adds to the fun.

The Spot books are enjoyable to read and made to last: even the books my daughter looked at five or so years ago are still in good condition.
on 3 November 2005
My daughter Grace (18 months) is particularly enjoying this title. Spot decides to celebrate his birthday with a game of hide-and-seek. Hilarity ensues as the party guests use different hiding techniques and tactics. Alas some of the participants are too distracted by cake to hide properly. With highlights being the silly lion and the hissy snake, there's plenty going on here. The pop-up flaps are sturdy enough not to be shredded at first go by tiny hands, so on the serious side your toddler will get more than a few goes at this book. Well done Spot!
on 23 February 2009
my friend's daughter loved the book i bought for her first birthday. My own children had a collection of Spot The Dog books so i knew it would be a winner.
on 10 December 2012
This story is focused on a game of hide and seek at Spot's birthday. His animal friends all choose different locations to hide, and there are teasers as to who may be hiding under the flat to engage the child to guess before they look.

It's nicely done and not too adventurous. Much as you'd expect of a Spot book really.
on 9 March 2011
My 13 month old son loves the spot books,however I find thisone a bit of a let down, its too similar to 'Where's Spot' and being a birthday party book i expected something related to a party not a game of hide and seek -not really sure what that has to do with a birthday party.
Its an ok book but not the best.