Customer reviews

Spot Goes to the Farm (Spot - Original Lift The Flap)
Format: Board book|Change

on 10 April 2016
This is one of the books we read over and over again with our children. Long before they could read they were able to give the appearance of being able to read because they could recall the words associated with every page. The lift the flap element makes this book slightly less durable than other board books but owning the book is better than borrowing from the library when half the flaps will be torn. At least if the book is your own you can use sellotape if your young one is a bit over-enthusiastic and stick the flap back. We have bought many copies of this book as it's one of several we buy when any of our friends has a baby. One of the best gifts you can give a child is a love of reading from an early age.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2017
The baby really seems to like this book. She likes lifting the flaps and finding the animals. The only reason I don't give I 5 stars is because I don't get why the page with the bunny going "tweet" has been included - the baby finds this confusing and doesn't really "get" the joke!
One person found this helpful
on 25 January 2018
The book took a couple of weeks to arrive, although it was within the time promised. I think it was very good value for 55p, most it most definitely has been used. I would describe the condition as fair, but not better. However, it was more than acceptable for the price, just not quite the bargain I'd anticipated. I couldn't have given it as a present, for example.
The book itself is already a firm favourite of my grandson.
on 8 July 2017
Great chunky board book format of another wonderful Spot the Dog story. My thug of a 2 year old son has ripped off a couple of tabs, but they always glue on again fine with a bit of pritt stick. A classic which has been enjoyed many times by my children.
on 5 September 2017
Bought this book for a wee friend of mine 70 years my junior! Apparently she loves it as is the case with all of her other Spot books. I'm so pleased I thought to look on Amazon for a gift before heading off for some city.
on 10 March 2010
All the Spot books are hugely popular with my two-year-old son, and this one is as good as any of the others. In 'Spot Goes to the Farm', Spot's dad takes his son to look for baby animals, but until near the end of the book, Spot only finds grown-up creatures behind the flaps. This book gently teaches the names of baby animals and the fun comes from identifying whether big or small animals are waiting to be uncovered. The Spot books are simple but charming, and well made to boot (I have some books from the series that are five or more years old and all the flaps are still intact).
3 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2016
Excellent book, kids loved reading it and they are 2 and a half. They lived opening the flaps and reading behind. I accidentally bought a hard back when I wanted a paper back for our flight journey. They were abit bulky. But great forgone use non the less.
on 19 June 2016
A great lift the flap Spot book which my two year old loves to read and lift the flaps on each page as Spot look around the farm.
One person found this helpful
on 20 November 2017
Our baby likes the lift up flaps but the story is a bit rubbish! Luckily it doesn't matter but the original is better.
on 21 November 2017
Baby loves this book. Tears the flaps off a lot so have to tape them back on.