- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Sports Psychology For Dummies Paperback – 23 Aug 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Set and reach your goals
- Play your best under pressure
- Develop winning habits
- Bounce back from adversity
Your smart guide to gaining the winning edge with sports psychology
In sports, mental training and toughness are just as important as physical talent. With practical training techniques and helpful strategies for anyone looking for that winning edge from athletes and coaches to parents and even businesspeople this friendly guide to sports psychology will help you take your performance to the next level.
- Build mental toughness learn to bounce back from adversity, be motivated to do your best, and stay calm under pressure
- Cope with performance anxiety find ways to focus your attention on what matters and control your emotions
- Use visualization and self–talk develop positive thought patterns, find out what type of imagery works best for you, and understand when to use it
- Develop strategic routines create practice and competition habits that improve your focus and consistency
- Improve team chemistry work on your communication skills, embrace your role on the team, and take ownership of success and failure
"A terrific resource for serious competitors. Every encounter that awaits the player and coach is addressed. This book needs to be in every player′s locker and on every coach′s desk."
Jim Tressel, Ohio State Football Head Coach
Open the book and find:
- How to pull yourself out of a slump
- Routines used by professional athletes
- Strategies for staying confident, even after a bad game
- The qualities of a great team leader
- Why pressure is actually a figment of your imagination
- What to do when your personal life distracts you from the game
- How to handle a conflict with your coach or teammate
- Ways to use sports psychology at the office
About the Author
Leif H. Smith, PsyD, is president of Personal Best Consulting, a sports psychology and performance consultation firm. Todd M. Kays, PhD, is president of the Athletic Mind Institute, a sports and performance consulting firm.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Certainly not for dummies.