on 9 January 2015
I was looking for an entry-level book on sports psychology to help me advance my fitness training, and this certainly does the trick. As the author points out, its not just pro athletes with big budgets that have access to the science, because most of the techniques can be practised on yourself. The book covers not only the structure and history of sports psychology, but gives great instruction on using the techniques, such as goal setting, building confidence, focus, and routine. Clear and concise, and very useful indeed.
on 28 May 2014
I’ve been on a real health kick this past month, trying to keep myself motivated to train for a half marathon in the Fall (moving from 5k to 10k and onwards…that’s the plan) so when a friend recommended I read this book, I was definitely intrigued. And boy am I glad I picked this book up! What’s awesome about "Sport's Psychology" is how Mr Bell really delves into the psychology of motivation in regards to setting fitness goals and keeping them! The author breaks down the information clearly, without a lot of mumbo-jumbo, discussing not only how to increase confidence and also offering specific advice on how to set realistic goals that you will keep in order to improve your performance. Also, really liked the visualization techniques! I’ve been able to use the techniques in this book to plot out a plan to improve my running distance and speed, and so far it’s going great! Lovely book, and applicable to many aspects of your life even outside the sports arena!

Note: I bought this book on amazon.com and am sharing my review here for my British friends.
on 8 January 2015
Sports Psychology is an informational guide that helps you take action to strengthen your mind, and improving athletic performance.

What I really like about this book is that it doesn't go all "professional costal" on you. By this I mean it supports and shows you that a little sports psychology is in everyone. And that you don't necessarily need a specialist to benefit. Tactics can be learned and created into habit successfully. I trained for many years on different national level sports teams, and recognize many of these mental strategies taught and mentioned in this book, were a learned part of my every day. Some were supported through coaching, but others were essentially self taught and fine-tuned by experts when the need surface.

Loads of useful information here.

This book is a great hands-on guide that provides the tools you need, whether you're an athlete, coach, or support, to help you strengthen your mental to improve spots performance.
on 8 January 2015
This excellent book by Jonny Bell provides athletes a comprehensive guide to achieving success in sports and other aspects of your life using what athletes call 'peak performance.' Peak performance - also known as 'getting into the zone' or 'the flow' - is when we are all into what we are doing with the most amount of focus and ability. This book tells you step-by-step what to do in order to achieve success with the help of peak performance. Recommended to athletes and coaches seeking to maximize their potential.
on 29 June 2014
This book on sports psychology tackles the problems an athlete faces in terms of confidence and other matters. It outlines techniques that enable you to understand your own mind and emotions, and thus modify them by setting goals, visualising and achieving success, success rituals, and achieving focus on the present moment, and the rituals that enable this. These are worthwhile techniques in everyday life also, through reducing anxiety and building confidence. Some really great advice and tips here.
This is a great supplement for anyone, coach or athlete, looking to maximise performance and improve their focus and motivation to achieve results. Bell proves throughout the course of the text that he is an authority on the subject. Great reading material for people in need of this kind of information. Personally, my sporting days are behind me, but I have gained plenty of knowledge to pass onto my children, who all have an interest in various sports.
on 25 June 2014
As a semipro athlete myself, I found a lot if interesting elements in Sport Psychology.
Keeping ourselves motivated is not easy right after a disappointment or a serious injury. This manual gives sportspeople some tools to face and overcome weak times by the application of psychological technique.
A very inspiring book.
on 16 January 2015
Building my confidence was really important for me to improve my performance. I knew confidence was a factor but after reading this book, I analyzed the subject more and realized that it was more damaging to not have researched it sooner. I am grateful that this book has provided so much to me.
on 9 January 2015
This book will help athlete’s improve their performance using sports psychology techniques. You’ll learn how to become more focussed and confident, build success routines and use visualisation and goal setting to get better results. This is a great resource for athletes and coaches.
on 8 January 2015
When you are a athlete you take great care of your body and your nutrition but do not always your mind. This book will help you take care of this aspect so it is not left out of your healthy style life. I tell you this will also improve your athletic side and you will want to train.