Format: DVD|Change

on 6 December 2011
I have to laugh at all these people saying they've bought this for their 2/3/4/5/6 year old children/relatives! Clearly this is not the case, they've bought it for themselves!
I'm buying it for myself and my father! I'm 26 and he's 50 next year and we will sit and watch Spongebob for hours! Haha. Can't beat a bit of Spongebob!
Superb boxset and great value :)
on 22 January 2011
This is a great box-set with over 8 hours of spongebob fun. It contains Fear of a Crabby Patty, Karate Island, Spongebob goes prehistoric, home sweet pineapple and Tales from the Deep. I didn't know this before oredering as i already have one of those DVD's but still it's a great collection of classic spongebob episodes.
on 8 November 2003
I had never heard of this character but my sons adore him. He is a yellow sponge with a pink starfish friend called Patrick who is not the brightest starfish in the sea. The video consists of 5 stories loosely based around a Halloween theme, with spooky happenings and a funny twist to each tale. It is compulsive viewing and I defy any adult watching with their children not to be drawn into it. The music is twangy (sounds like a ruler being twanged on a table!) and suits the cartoons. As each cartoon is 10 minutes long there is a good story to each one and just when you think spongebob can't get out of this one he does. Our house hasn't played any other video since we got it!! However it is a little weird from an adult point of view even though some of the jokes are aimed at the grown ups ("too cold, too hot, too-louse lautrec") but children will be glued to it.
on 18 October 2004
I love spongebob, I got this DVD for christmas last year and I havn't stopped watching it. Its so funny, The funniest episodes on here are definitely 'Idiot Box' or 'Band Geeks' both of them classics.
Episodes on the DVD:
- Band Geeks
- Welcome to the Chum Bucket
- My pretty Seahorse
- Idiot Box
I can't wait for the Spongebob Squarepants movie!
on 1 January 2015
kept little girl happy but having problems with two of the dvds that dont work on certain dvd players properly, stating that not valid disc in player or saying play, then stop straight away or freezing on language screen
on 9 November 2003
Hey, this is a great DVD, released last year in the states, taking episodes from the first and second season, this really is a very good compilation.
However hold on to your Hollihocks because you can get "THE COMPLETE 1st SEASON" on DVD from the states for less than you think. (get a multiregion DVD player).
Spongetastic
on 26 February 2013
I bought this for my grandson to watch when he visits us and stays overnight. I am delighted with the DVD's and my grandson things it is brilliant. It is the only thing he wants to watch on the TV at the moment.
on 25 May 2012
Bought this for my 6 year old's birthday. Him and my other son (8) have never really shown an interest in Spongebob but then my youngest watched some at school and decided he loved it. Bought him this set as it seemed the best value for money given that it contains 5 dvds. It has not disappointed. His eyes lit up when he opened it on his birthday and he watches them lots but does of course have a favourite. My eldest son is now also hooked. They both think it is hilarious. I would definitely recommend buying this if you have young sons. Can't go wrong!
on 18 February 2012
This arrived 2 days ago and it's all my 3 year old has wanted to watch since. When when she went to bed lastnight i sat and watched some episodes on my own...love it!! Great value for money...very happy with my purchase
on 25 October 2003
I am an avid Spongebob fan so I can barely contain myself when a new DVD comes out. This one is no disappointment! It has 5 spooky (though they use that word loosely) episodes in honour of halloween and a further 5 "bonus" episodes. They are all great tales from Bikini Bottom, the home of our hero and his friends. All I would say is that the special features on this DVD are not as good as those on the last one ..... you only get a 30 second music video and a preview of a video game that came out LAST year!! Never mind it is the episodes you buy it for so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :)