Customer reviews

on 21 November 2010
If this book had contained only the Spitfire pilot manual, it would have been disapointing. However, the Author had the excellent idea to add many extras that really makes it worth your money:
- more than 40 pages of introduction by the Author.
- extracts of a Pilot log book (from Johnnie Johnson, Britain's best fighter pilot).
- examples of Pilot combat reports (still from J. Johnson).
- 4 WW2 manuals:
1. Forget-me-nots for fighters
2. General notes on air gunnery and air fighting
3. Bag the hun!
4. Warplanes: card game for aircraft spotters.

Overall, 274 pages of very good material for less than 6£.
on 3 August 2014
What I love about booklet likes this one is that they remind me how simple things used to be in the past. I own a modern glider, without a complicated engine, for which the manual is about six to seven times thicker than for a Spitfire manual. Our world is now unnecessarily complicated, helped by endless words aimed at denying liability.
on 7 June 2017
Lovely book, great value. 'I watched dog fights in WW2, my great grandson thinks the book is wonderful, Thank you :) :) :)
on 26 December 2012
Sorry, this wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a reprint of an actual manual. However, my father loved it, it consists of memos sent to spitfire pilots during the war, humourous stufff too, quite an enjoyable read for any spitfire fan
on 2 November 2016
Lovely book, got this for my spitfire mad son from his grandma for christmas.
on 26 April 2017
Excellent and fully detailed book.
on 18 July 2017
Husband loved it
on 19 January 2017
Very happy with this item.
on 15 September 2015
A fantastic book - well compiled and chock full of amazing data. I almost feel as if I could handle the cock-pit controls, myself - incredibly tempting! My nephew and I had great fun running through the checklist of cockpit fundamentals, prior to our flying game using a Star Wars Millenium Falcon which belonged to my brother - brilliant! (:
on 26 June 2013
Thsi was a present for father's day, well, for my dad! His favouroite plane is the Spitfire, so I pretty much couldn't go wrong with this book.