The Spiritual Combat: and a Treatise on Peace of Soul (Tan Classics) Paperback – 1 Apr 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dom Lorenzo Scupoli was born in Otranto, Italy in 1530 and died in Naples in 1610. Nothing is known about his early life. At about the age of 40, he entered the Theatines and made his novitiate under St. Andrew Avellino. He was ordained in 1577. It is said that he met St. Francis de Sales in Padua between 1589 and 1591 and gave him a copy of The Spiritual Combat. For some reason that has never been revealed, he was laicized in 1585 and lived in retirement in Theatine houses until his death. Some sources say that his name was cleared at the end of his life, though he offered no defense of himself. The first edition of The Spiritual Combat bearing Scupoli's name was published in the year of his death 1610.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Catholic
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Spirituality
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Worship & Devotion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Prayer