- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2722 KB
- Print Length: 176 pages
- Publisher: Nomad Press (25 May 2006)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002I5E42K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #704,216 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Spinning in the Old Way: How (and Why) To Make Your Own Yarn With A High-Whorl Handspindle Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book also talks about how you can use cheap and inexpensive things as spinning tools. I like the author's idea of keeping it simple and portable. I also like the section on plying - lacking in a lot of books. The author actually tried a bunch of ways and rated them for ease, and then tells how to do it in the easiest way. That's useful.
I love the book and would recommend it to anyone. If you don't have a drop spindle yet, BUY THE BOOK FIRST, then shop for your spindle when you know something about the difference between a good, useful one and a bad one. I had to get rid of my first "beginner" spindle - it wobbled, had a bad hook, and no notch.
On the minus side - the author chooses her techniques and sort of dismisses other techniques quite disdainfully. As a beginner, I don't want to dismiss any technique before I've tried it. But I must admit - starting off with techniques that work really boosted my spinning skills. And there are other books out there which will teach me the techniques that "don't work".
Overall - a highly recommended basic book for a beginner.
I used this great little book to learn and do spin very quickly. I had no clue what to do at first, but this sorted me out. I highly recommend it
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Textiles
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Needlework & Fabrics > Textile Arts
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Art > Instruction & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies