Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Cat Returns [DVD] forum

Spine numbering on the Studio Ghibli collection

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Aug 2009 23:44:11 BDT
Wayne Feeney says:
From the pictures here, it doesn't look as though there is the numbering at the top of the spine that is on the Ghibli collection DVDs that I have. Nausicaa appears to be the same with a somewhat different design. Before I go purchasing these to add to my collection, I'd like to ensure that they adhere to the others' packaging. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted on 5 Oct 2009 09:57:22 BDT
HannahRose says:
I have about 10 dvds from the studio ghibli collection and only one of them so far hasn't had the number on the spine.
If you can see the silver strip at the top of the dvd case in the picture it more than likely has the number on the side :)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2010 15:30:48 GMT
I would hate to buy a Ghibli Collection dvd without the spine-number. Which one of your dvds does not have the spine-number? Do you know anything more about why the spine-number is missing on some?

Posted on 11 May 2013 21:38:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 May 2013 21:39:23 BDT
The weird thing about the Ghibli colletion is the catalogue numbers (OPTDxxxx) makes the order 13, 2, 9, 6, 4, 8, 5, 1, 3, 7, 15, 10 and 18 (that's from those I have in my collection). For someone who likes to order their DVD collections by catalogue number it's makes things somewhat irritatingly interesting.

Posted on 26 Apr 2014 02:05:40 BDT
Neko Cat says:
The Castle of Cagliostro and The Little Norse Prince don't have numbers because they originally were made before Studio Ghibli was created, but with directors and other staff which ended up working for Studio Ghibli later down the line when it started.
Because of this they're basically 'honourary' Ghibli films and while they can match official Ghibli releases in quality, they aren't officially part of the 'Ghibli Collection'. If you look carefully, while they have similar case designs, they don't actually say The Studio Ghibli Collection on them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  13 Aug 2009
Latest post:  26 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
The Cat Returns [DVD]
The Cat Returns [DVD] by Hiroyuki Morita (DVD - 2005)
4.7 out of 5 stars (150)