Customer reviews

on 26 September 2013
As a spinner who weaves I was very disappointed by this book (though to be fair I had been able to see inside it before I bought it). Because the author usually weaves a warp-faced cloth she buys in most of her weft. This is no use to those of us who spin our own weft. There was very little on twist and nothing on different plies and how well they weave up and the effects you can get. We needed much more on energised yarns, leno and other techniques.
It seems that there is still a book to be written on this theme.
I found that "The Spinner's Book of Yarn Designs" by Sarah Anderson so very much more useful and fun to use, even though she is not specifically writing about spinning for weaving as this book claims to be.
on 29 September 2013
I was Very disappointied when I received this book.
There are just a lot of pictures without the explanation how the garments are woven.
The things told about spinning could be said in a few pages instead of a whole book
on 1 October 2013
If you spin, and weave, then this is the book for you, it gives so much useful information on producing the yarn for your project, the best book on this subject I've read yet. It will be referred to a lot, giving advice on different fibres to use, how to spin for the effect you want, etc. etc. Clearly illustrated too.
on 18 December 2013
Really great book, am enjoying working my way through it, have just started to spin and weave so it is a really good reference book to have. Many thanks for quick delivery