- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins Field Guide) Hardcover – 5 Nov 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Spiders are the most obvious group of animals - they share with us our houses and gardens. They also have some of the most fascinating colours, behaviour and biology. This book is designed to aid identification of these animals, without using any complicated keys or equipment. Each of the 450 species covered is illustrated in colour, with paintings of all the common colour variations and differences between the sexes, and described in detail in the text. The general features of each family are also described, with information on courtship, hunting and web-making behaviour. A key to spiders' webs is also included in the introduction. Each species has illustrations of its genitalia - to allow conclusive identification of the species.
From the Back Cover
• 450 species comprehensively illustrated, with 288 colour paintings and over 1500 drawings
• The introduction provides general information on the structure and biology of spiders, together with illustrations of webs and egg sacs
• This is the ultimate, comprehensive field guide to spiders – a must for all arachnophiles everywhere and a vital introduction for all other naturalists.
'The colour plates are superb'
'Packed full of information'
'Much the best book on the subject at any price'
NATURAL WORLD BOOK OF THE YEAR
Customers who bought this item also bought
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Overall a really useful book. A word to the wise - it's for Europe; don't bother trying to use it to identify tropical spiders.
Not that I did, of course. That would be stupid.
I am now using this in conjunction with Lawrence Bee's "Britain's Spiders: A Field Guide"