- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (Xbox 360)
- Overhauled Combat System Provides Deepest Arsenal Ever: A reengineered combat system fuses Spider-Man's speed and strength to create deadly new attacks and combos. For the first time ever in a Spider-Man game, players can take the fight vertically and combat foes on city walls,where only Spider-Man holds the advantage.
- Gamers Control Their Fighting Experience: At a moment's notice, gamers can switch between the agile grace of Spider-Man's Red Suit and the savage power of the Black Suit, creating some of the most devastating combos ever seen in a Spider-Man game.
- Players Can Customise Their Ideal Spider-Man: Players earn experience in multiple combat disciplines, allowing them to custom-design their ideal Spider-Man. Points awarded during battle can be used across unique paths to upgrade the Red Suit and Black Suit, allowing players complete control over the style and moves they take into combat.
- Every Choice Counts: Dependant on the gamer's actions and decisions, a morality meter will gauge whether citizens cheer Spider-Man on or run away in fear. Spider-Man's actions as hero or vigilante,based on choices at key points in the game, will affect how the fate of New York vs. alien invasion ends.
- Side With Marvel's Greatest Heroes and Villains: Luke Cage or Vulture? Wolverine or Electro? Gamers can control who will ultimately aid them in the fight to rid New York of its alien symbiote.Alliances with Marvel's greatest heroes and most notorious villains hold consequences, as heroic and vigilante paths hold different destinies. Call upon your allies with the push of a button to combine forces for epic Hero Strikes!
- A Living, Breathing New York City Under Siege: Next-generation technology provides gamers with an added dimension of interactivity - destroy store fronts, demolish vehicles and grab anything in your path to use as a weapon. Devastated by the invasion, New York City is itself transformed with enormous, hanging symbiote hives and infected symbiotes, providing gamers
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Xbox 360
When a deadly symbiote invasion devastates the streets of New York City, only Spider-Man can seize control and bring the city salvation. From the game's direction and outcome through to Spider-Man's destiny, Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows puts control in the player's hands.
Gamers decide when to switch between the agile Red Suit and powerful Black Suit, whether to ally with Marvel's honoured heroes or ferocious villians, which of Spider-Man's abilities to upgrade and what missions to undertake in order to protect Manhattan from certain annihilation.
- Overhauled combat system provides deepest arsenal ever: For the first time ever in a Spider-Man game, players can take the fight vertically and combat foes on city walls, where only Spider-Man holds the advantage.
- Gamers control their experience: At a moment's notice, gamers can switch between the grace and agility of Spider-Man's Red Suit and the brute, savage power of the Black Suit.
- Players can customise their ideal Spider-Man: Players will earn experience in multiple combat disciplines, allowing them to custom-design their ideal Spider-Man.
- Every choice counts: Dependant on gamers' actions and decisions, a morality meter will gauge whether citizens cheer Spider-Man on or run away in fear.
- Side with Marvel's greatest heroes and villians: From Luke Cage and Wolverine to Vulture and Electro, players control who will ultimately aid them in the fight to rid New York of its alien symbiote.
- A living, breathing New York City under siege: Players are now able to destroy store fronts, demolish vehicles, and pick-up anything along the wayto use as a weapon.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Web of Shadows is by no means a groundbreaking game and doesnt really bring anything to the table that we havent seen before. What Web of Shadows is however is almost unreservedly fun.
Visually the game looks very nice with excellent graphics and animation. A more or less scale replica of New York City is provided for you to climb, swing and zip around and doing so is an experience that rarely becomes tiresome. Dotted around the city are various tips of the hat to the fact that this game is very much set in the mainstream Marvel Universe and you will notice such landmarks as Stark/Avengers tower (including the Sentrys residence above it), the Rand Corperation, Kronos Corperation, Roxxon, fisk Enterprises and so on - all of which are a nice little touch for the fans of the comic books.
The only criticism I would aim at the city is that whilst it is huge it should be bigger. Unlike some of the previous games you are not able to explore areas such as the Statue of Liberty, Queens or Brooklyn which is a small thing but a shame nevertheless.
Sound effects are admittedly basic - not bad, just very generic - and yes Spidermans voice acting does leave alot to be desired, although the rest of the characters that feature in the game are fairly pleasing. Steve Blum makes a return as the voice of Wolverine and Battlestar Galacticas Tricia Helfer appears as the Black Cat.Read more ›
Firstly the previous reviewer (the one with the LOW score) was in my opinion very wrong with the comments...okay so previous Spidey games had cool swing mechanism or cool battle combos etc...but so does this!!! the reason the developers didn't use the old game mechanics was because they created their own for a reason...to make a name for themselves!!! and I think they've done a great job.
The swinging is fast and easy to use, a 'pull and hold' on the Right Trigger lets you swing, depending on the timing you'll go faster or higher, so there is some skill involved although limited.
There is a great mix of combos though to get the best you have to play for over half an hour, so you can unlock them and learn some through the mission based tutorials. You can use X for punches and kicks, with a variety of styles depending if you're playing in the Red or Black suit (which you can change anytime)...the Y attacks are my favourite, this button grabs onto your enemy with some web and slings you towards them...when you're close enough you can press any of the buttons to do a variety of attacks (X,Y,B) which look greeeeeeat!!!
I would say that the battles are the best aspects of the game, the web swinging is obviously cool but there are some minor flaws such as getting trapped in a tight area...Spidey just ends up dancing around franticly. However these are minor and probably more due to my initial lack of skill rather then a fault with the game itself.Read more ›
The game, as a whole, is fantastic. It has boss battles that are both fun and challenging, and it has a story line that is genuinely one of the most enjoyable a game based on comic book heroes has ever produced. If Marvel were to take the plot from Web of Shadows and turn it into a graphic novel, it would be a damn fine offering to the comic collectors of the world. And certainly a fantastic cross-over piece! (What's not to love about Spider Man being torn between the red and black suit, whilst an assortment of heroes and villains from the marvel universe have him working for/with them?)
There are a couple of drawbacks that had me marking it down from 5 stars to 4. The first being the shoddy camera. I picked this game up after playing the Amazing Spider Man. I loved that and just HAD to have more Spidey games right away. Web of Shadows was slated as the best, so I tried it. It is a great game, but the erratic camera ruins it in places (Amazing Spider Man's camera is far, far smoother). You can be swinging through the city one moment and the next you will not be able to see where you're going as the camera will decide it wants to go every way it can possibly go...ALL AT ONCE. The same can be said for when you're landing on top of roof tops.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the game is buy no means the best game ever! However the game proudly is a lot better then the newer spider-man games like amazing spider-man 1&2 because of the combat and over all... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Katherine S.
Very good game with multiple endings.
Excellent if you are a Spidey fan.
kids liked it good game better than a lot of the other spiderman games.Published on 5 Nov. 2014 by BWF JACKSON
Massive Spider-man fan, none of the games have really lived up to my childhood memories but since the new film has hit I thought I'd give this a go. Read morePublished on 23 July 2012 by Mr P Loftus
This game is excellent, so far this is the only game I can play. Ilove the fights no blood and gore. This review is actually based on my nephews views. Read morePublished on 5 Mar. 2012 by Ms. Eram Babar
This game is excellent, the best Spiderman game that i have played so far. I couldn't get enough of playing it, and don't think ill get tired of this one for a long time. Read morePublished on 3 Mar. 2012 by Matty