- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 724 KB
- Print Length: 214 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00KMDJNSA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #371,871 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£5.93|
Save £4.53 (76%)
Spellscribed Tales: First Refrain Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 214 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Similar books to Spellscribed Tales: First Refrain
Enjoy unlimited access to over 1 million titles and thousands of audiobooks on any device for £7.99 a month, including this one. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
A quick second disclaimer: When I call this a companion piece, I mean it. It will be fairly difficult to follow if you aren't already familiar with the Spellscribed series. That said, if you aren't familiar, I would urge you to acquaint yourself with it, because it is a delight in every respect.
Anyway, on to "First Refrain". Something to tide over the fans while they await the official third entry in the series, I suppose, but also some highly illuminating backstory into two of Spellscribed's central characters. I liked Joven's story the most - which isn't to say anything against Jalyin's, as both were quite strong. It's also illuminating to watch Cruz's style grow as he fleshes out his characters and offer them greater depth. I remember in my critique of the first book, I mentioned that some of the characters felt rather two-dimensional. First Refrain has no such troubles.
First Refrain is light on plot twists but high on action, drama, and generous descriptions of the world that Spellscribed fans have grown to love. A few mechanical editing mistakes trip up the reader in one or two spots, but overall the work is sound and the pacing is tight. If you like the series, you'll greatly enjoy this work, but if you don't, this one won't change your mind. As always, with questions or comments, pleae feel free to leave them in the box below or to email me at SeanOnAmazon@gmail.com.
A wonderful companion novel for the main series or a nice primer for someone who wants to test the waters of the series before jumping in first.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Short Stories
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic