Size: X-Small|Colour: Navy|Change

on 4 October 2013
Have been wearing Speedo swimming shorts for as long as I can remember. The fact that "Speedos" is actually part of the language for "budgie smugglers" in the same way that Hoover is for vacuuming or Tannoy is for Public Address system proves that they have a decent swimming track record.

These aren't "tight" as others have described. They just fit as the picture. Very quick drying, 2 decent side pockets & a good sized rear with a velcro closure to keep your money safe & chlorine & UV resistant.

Elasticated waist & drawstrings. I'm a size 34" waist & the Large fits perfectly. I expect them to last many years like my other Speedo products - some of which are over 5 years old!

Recommended
on 13 February 2009
I ended up buying these shorts direct from Speedo's website. They cost £18.00 plus shipping. I was concerned about the sizing, since I don't buy clothes very frequently, and I haven't bought a set of swim trunks for about 10 years. Anyway, I wear Levis 33 inch waist (not pre-washed), and have a 34" inseam. The 16" Watershort fits perfectly. The elastic is just about perfect between max and min, and with the drawstring, the fit is nice and snug at the waist. The length is also just right coming slightly more than 1/2 way between my hip and knee. The lining is a good medium-fine mesh brief, so it hold your dangly bits comfortably, and supports well. The material on the 'Session' doesn't cling when wet, so there's no picking it out of your crack when you emerge from the water. I've been swimming three times a week (in a chlorinated pool) for a few months now, and these shorts have stood up well, with no noticeable fading, and no problems with the stitching.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
I normally wear medium but due to others reviews bought a large, and it fits perfectly. So follow the words of others and buy a size larger.
They were good quality exactly what I was looking for, simple plain swim shorts; and when I purchased them an amazing price of £2.99 - though I see they have gone up.
on 8 October 2015
Firstly I'll comment on the positives of this product, Its seems like quality material. I bought them with the sole intention of using them in my hot tub, they dry quickly and look nice. Negatives, I found them a bit small if im honest, not around the waist but more of the leg area.. Not a great deal of room for maneuver and I found it a bit of struggle to lift either leg particularly high in them. But over all a satisfactory product, I have bought a more appropriate pair for my needs but don't be swayed by my judgement as they are of good quality.
on 13 June 2016
Unlike most modern clothing, the size is not overstated to flatter flabby figures, so don't complain if you've ordered a size too small! I found them a perfect fit around the waist, and a nice compromise in length between over-long board shorts and over-short aqua-shorts/trunks.

As you might expect with the Speedo brand, these shorts appear well made and have stood up to the chlorine in my local pool without any sign of fading. The side pockets are a waste of time being open to the water, but the rear one has a velcro attached flap useful for keeping a nose plug in till needed.

The material does hold onto a fair bit of water, but in practice it's not a problem till you need to pack them away after use. Once home they dry out pretty quickly once rinsed, wrung and left out on a washing line.
on 17 October 2010
I ordered a small, I would gauge these as 32" waist, they fit perfect.

When swimming, I have absolutely no issues with these.

As all speedo products, the quality is perfect. Recommended.
After years of blue or black swimming shorts I had a 'Baywatch moment' and opted for these, brighter efforts. The shorts themselves are well-made, robust, and comfortable, with an inner mesh and handy drawstring. Just the ticket.
on 19 October 2013
Wasn't sure whether to go for M or L , I'm a 34 inch waist. Read a review to say "go large" so plumped for the L. Good choice. Incredible value, I think the postage was as much as the shorts. Not too long, nice and plain. Just what I wanted.
on 12 August 2013
Ordered a x-large for a 36 waist which seems to fit well. Basic shorts but good quality so am very happy with them for the price.
Bought three of these from Amazon, in different colours, for no more than six squid each. Summer sorted; these shorts define every aspect of value. They're tough enough for everyday commuting (you know what train and bus seats are like...), dry fast, resist fading from chlorine and have three pockets. The fit is comfortably loose and hangs nicely on the thigh. None of that Bermuda nonsense!

It's crazy to think that some brands will sell a single pair of swimming shorts for almost twice what three of these go for.