on 18 July 2012
For anyone looking to boost their reading speed then I highly recommend this book. The techniques applied are simple but helpful and already I've noticed an improvement in my reading speed - great for those studying or having to read long documents. I can say with certainty that, with practice, I am sure I'll be able to double my reading speed easily.

The book is nicely set out, guiding you through each step and I liked the visual diagrams that give you a real understanding of the techniques. For a bargain price, you are getting an awful lot of really useful knowledge. The book even includes a test at the end so you can see the progress you've made. This really is essential reading for those with little time and a lot to read!
on 18 July 2012
As a Open University student, trying to get through tons of books in adult life is no easy thing. So, having searched for various books on speed reading, I settled for this excellent book. The first thing I picked up was how far off the mark I was on understanding what 'speed reading' was. The author does very well to start from basics (for novice like me), explaining what speed reading is, through to advanced practical advice on when to or not to speed read.

This book tackled issues like peripheral vision and predicting what would come next (before your eye even had to glance at it.) This helped me to realise that much of speed reading is not what your eye does, but what your brain can do. Many thinking exercises are included in this book to help you see patterns in your logic, which can be used to tweak your reading skills. Overall, I found this book to be brilliant!!
on 7 January 2013
This was a disappointing purchase. It took about 60% of the book to get to any speed-reading information and even then it wasn't very useful, beyond the absolute basics. Anyone who is entirely unfamiliar with any speed reading techniques might benefit, but if you have even a passing interest a more advanced text would probably be better. I read this in about 15 mins, so on the plus side it's short.
on 19 March 2013
Speed Reading: How to Double (or Triple) Your Reading Speed in Just 1 Hour! What an absolute joke! This is a nonsense. It doesn't tell you anything you don't already know or haven't picked up elsewhere and to say it will increase your speed reading in just an hour is at best misleading and at worst criminal. It waffles on by patting itself on the back and saying how damned good it is but without giving you anything to make you feel as though you have learnt something. Rubbish!
on 10 January 2013
Ive only started reading this book, however, I have found one glaring mistake which has put me off bothering with the rest of the book.

You are suggested to test your reading with a passage provided. Excellent I thought, you time yourself reading it, then it says

"this passage has 829 words

You read this passage in ______ minutes and ______ seconds
This would be a total of ________ seconds
To calculate your speed follow these mathematical steps

859/(seconds) = _____ WPM"

err no, firstly you said there were 829, not 859 (no that was a typo of my own), secondly that would give you words per second, not per minute minute.. and really, Im not in the mood to count the words to find out how many are in the passage if you cant be bothered to count the words to verify the number now..
on 22 April 2013
very superficial, never going in the details as other speed reading book do. At the end of the book you wonder... "so what?"
on 25 August 2013
I remember reading a book before on 'speed reading' and giving up because it seemed to take forever to get thought the technical language it was written in. This was quite a find for a shirt boom and as such it was incredibly easy to get to grips with the ideas and neuroscience behind it. It did what it said on the thin and I found that the self- assessment tests/ measures at the end were revealing. Now for more practice.
on 10 December 2012
I will personally recommend this book to anyone who intends to learn how to speed read in an hour. Simple but working efficiently techniques taught in this book.
on 8 May 2013
Some good ideas and a good insight into speed reading. I was definitely concerned before reading about the level of information the brain can comprehend with speed reading. After applying some techniques and removing some bad habits I can now reach 300 words per minute with approx 70% comprehension. I see that as some what of a result but wouldn't like to rely on the techniques for important text to be read.
on 18 July 2014
I wanted to achieve more speed reading when I got this book, but basically it recommends what to do, what not to do, and encourages you to practice. Well, I could have guess that 'practice' tip too (do you want to play piano like Mozart? just practice...). I gave 3 stars because at least this book teachs you which habits to focus on, that they might decrease your speed.