Spectrum Guide to Uganda (Spectrum Guides) Paperback – 31 Mar 1997
|New from||Used from|
|Paperback, 31 Mar 1997||
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An illustrated travel guide to Uganda which contains practical information on accommodation, transport and where to eat, as well as on the economy, climate, and flora and fauna. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In a section at the back of the book there is a list of hotels with, of course, no prices listed, and, while the authors list theatres, tour operators and even libraries, they conveniently leave out restaurants. There is also an extensive list of wildlife species although, without any pictures to help you identify the animals, I don't know how this is supposed to help anyone. In the language section there is a helpful English-Kiswahili section, which is nice except for the fact that Luganda is much more widely spoken in Kampala, Entebbe and central Uganda than Kiswahili.
Additionally, there is a massive lack of good maps here: the map of Kampala is so small it doesn't even cover the centrally located Rubaga cathedral and the map of Uganda lacks so much detail that it is almost impossible to use it for driving. (This in a country where street signs are almost non-existent.) These bad maps are inexcusable in any guidebook but even more so here where the authors have inserted large numbers of full-page color photographs.
Finally, the binding on the book started falling apart only weeks after I purchased it. All in all, a really bad guidebook.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Africa > Eastern
- Books > History > Reference > Geographical History
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Plants
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Africa > Rwanda & Uganda
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Central & South America
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing