A Special Scar: The Experiences of People Bereaved by Suicide Hardcover – 3 Jan 1991
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The first edition of this important book opened our eyes to the special needs of people bereaved by suicide. Since that time the author and others have increased our understanding of these needs and helped to develop services to meet them. In this second edition she has drawn on this knowledge and experience to augment and enhance the foundation which she laid... a volume which will be of value to members of caring professions, counsellors and other bereavement service providers.' - Colin Murray Parkes, in his Foreword. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
About the Author
Alison Wertheimer has been working as a freelance writer and researcher since 1987, after working in the voluntary sector for twenty years. She has a private counselling practice, is a supervisor with a bereavement counselling service and runs workshops on the impact of suicide bereavement. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Definately worth purchasing to read, even if you aren't strong enough to read it straight off.
For a more compact version try 'Coping with Suicide' by Maggie Helen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very helpful to a lady who lost her son my suicide recently. Excellent resource.Published 3 months ago by egantol
As a sibling who has lost a younger brother to suicide , I have felt a little healed by this book ...Published 20 months ago by netts55
I was struggling after the suicide of my mother a year ago and I bought this to understand a bit more about the emotions of it all that I was going through. Read morePublished on 26 Mar. 2014 by Amazon Customer
I read this book. It went through all of the emotions and feelings I have felt. I found I Coumadin in and out or read the chapters intenselyPublished on 2 Jan. 2014 by Mel Pharaoh
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Suicide
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Suicide
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences