Spearmark Bunky Bunk Bed Light, Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Night light comforter or reading light for children
- Clips to bunk beds
- Flexible arm to position lighting with 1.8 metre length for versatile positioning
- 10,000 hour battery included; 5 year guarantee.
- Perfect for bedtime reading or little ones afraid of the dark
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Spearmark completely unique bunk bed light that fits all bunk beds. Coming complete with every attachment you may need to fit to a metal pole or wooden framed bunk bed. Bunky comes complete with an energy saving bulb too and is fully enclosed to stop children’s prying fingers touching internal parts. Flex is 1.8 metres. Comes with 10,000 hours worth of light guaranteed/5 year guarantee light bulb. Available in silver colour. Measures 42 cm width by 26 cm height by 8.4 cm depth.
1 x Lamp
for this and other types of lamps.
about how to clean up and dispose of broken or damaged lamps.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
On the upside they are cool lamps and clearly child safe.
The most disappointing aspect is that one of the lamps now fails to switch on at all - I'm awaiting Amazon's response on that one.
Summary - good concept cheaply done but not that cheap to buy.
The different ways of fitting it onto the bed are a clever idea and the light can be moved around in all sorts of directions without fear of getting burnt. The silver is great for my boy but it would be nice to have a different colour available for my daughter.
When I received the lights, I installed both and within 2-3 days all straps had broken. I was not happy, so I emailed Spearmark, the manufacturer. They were brilliant, explained they had had a problem with strap quality, had now changed the spec and were sending me out new straps. These arrived within 2 days (free of charge of course) and with a note of explanation and apology.
I installed the new straps and have had no further problems. The new straps are fine.
So you can now buy this light and know they have improved on the earlier review.
The plastic used is very cheap, throughout. Everything is kind of held together rather than substantially fitted. The design looked good from the pictures and in reality it is quite poorly executed. Let me tell you why.
* The curly bedpost fixture is very loose and heat formed. It did not wrap around my bedpost side strut and needed me to consider adhesive pads. The pictures indicated that this would be a snug fit and "gripping" the post. Your vertical bedpost would need to be at least an inch and a half for this to work, if not more.
* I investigated the strap mount bracket, but the straps were not long enough to secure around the distance on my horizontal posts.
* The flexible arm was way too stiff to move one handed, without ripping the fixtures away or moving the vertical mount. It is very likely that you would wish to send the head of the lamp out of the way as you sleep, so felt this was important.
*The light looked very warm (yellow) whilst it worked.
In all, I am glad it failed and I could send it back as faulty, as I was disappointed with it overall.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
terrible, bulb keeps blowing, costs £6 to replace, the bendy mechanism has broken, really poor qualityPublished 17 months ago by zm
very practical, although the fixing hinge could be designed a bit betterPublished 18 months ago by Denise Cheyne
Great lamp, but my son managed to unfasten from clip so didn't last.Published 21 months ago by Michelle mackie
received in good time, but could not attach it to my sons bed as I believe it to be faulty - contacted seller who advised that as it was received ok it was basically tough!!! Read morePublished 21 months ago by Mrs G Harris
I like this lamp. Some reviewers say it's too big, but i think it's absolutely fine. It is a bit fiddly to get wrapped around the metal frame, but once it's on its fine. Read morePublished 22 months ago by poppy
Love, love, love! Perfect for my sons reading in bed, doesn't get hot and easy to fix to the wall beside them. Just what was needed and have lasted well.Published 22 months ago by D. Diaz