- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: Collins; First edition edition (3 May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007457839
- ISBN-13: 978-0007457830
- Product Dimensions: 18.9 x 1 x 24.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 35,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Speaking: B1+ (Collins English for Life: Skills) Paperback – 3 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Collins English for Life series:
‘… superb, attractively packaged series (…) excellent support for candidates preparing for the Cambridge FCE and higher (…) work on the topics, skills and current needs of the language learner (…) may be used in various ways: either by learners alone, by teachers, or by teacher trainers on language development courses.’
About English for Life: Speaking:
‘…gets to the core of what is required to communicate appropriately (…) Particularly useful are the cultural notes and related tasks’.
Wayne Trotman, EL Gazette, August 2012
About the Author
Cheryl Pelteret has been involved in English language teaching for the past 30 years – as a teacher, editor and writer. After completing her degree at the University of Cape Town she obtained her RSA Diploma in TEFL and taught students of all ages and levels in the UK and in Turkey. Since then, she has worked as an editor and writer of ELT materials, writing several course books and a range of supplementary materials for adults, teenagers and young learners. She has a particular interest in helping students achieve fluency in speaking. She has a Post-graduate Certificate in Teaching ESOL, and divides her time between writing and teaching ESOL to adults.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Thanks to collins for such a nice book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Spot on, brilliant. Tells you exactly how British people speak!Published 17 months ago by Roseycheek
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > Reading & Writing Skills
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > Speaking & Pronunciation
- Books > Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauri
- Books > School Books
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies