Spatial Cognition, Spatial Perception: Mapping the Self and Space Paperback – 31 Jul 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A strength of this work, though, is its interdisciplinary focus. It approaches the topics from multiple theoretical orientations and methodologies. These include philosophy, history, evolution, anthropology, comparative psychology, cognitive psychology, and neuroscience. Investigators from each of these fields will find something of interest here. Spatial Cognition, Spatial Perception is worth getting and is a must read for any researcher in either of these areas. Due to its breadth of coverage, it serves more as a reference guide than as a single-themed or specialty area book, but any topic can be looked up in the index and compared across chapters if necessary."
Jay Friedenberg, PsycCRITIQUES
Analysing human and non-human spatial cognition, perception, and behaviour through mapping internal and external spatial knowledge, authors explore current understanding of spatial information processing from mapping subjectively perceived body movements to landmarks defining external space. Useful in wide-ranging disciplines: biological anthropology, cognitive psychology, cognitive neuroscience, ecology, primatology, and animal behaviour.See all Product description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Human Biology > The Brain
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Neuroscience