The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight Paperback – 7 Jan 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
At SparkPeople.com, Meg Galvin develops healthy recipes, tests member-submitted dishes, and teaches the fundamentals of cooking through informative and entertaining videos and articles. Galvin earned a certificate of culinary arts from Le Cordon Bleu in London. She is certified as an executive chef by the American Culinary Federation and is working toward her court of master sommeliers wine certification.
Stepfanie Romine is editor of SparkRecipes.com and dailySpark.com, SparkPeople's healthy living blog.
SparkPeople.com is one of the leading diet, fitness, and healthy living destinations on the web, with more than ten million members; free weight loss, nutrition, and fitness tracking tools; and a positive community of people who are committed to reaching their goals and supporting one another along the way.
Top Customer Reviews
IT IS FANTASTIC! I completely love it! They give you loads of information up front about cooking and getting things ready and why it's ok to add butter to recipes (hoorah!). The recipes themselves range from super easy to slightly more complex, but still do-able and each one so far has been delicious and I've had no flops! A few things that stand out about the book for me:
- I have made some of the recipes more than once (quite rare for me)
- They really ARE delicious - many of the recipes taste better than what I normally cook
- My husband hasn't noticed we're on diet (well, I've told him, but he keeps saying how good our food is)
- Portion sizes are reasonable...no skimping... but they're also not big but with no flavour (there are no undressed salads here!)
- I enjoy batch cooking and there are great suggestions about what to freeze and even a 2-week batch cook plan that shares ingredients
- We've saved a bit of money on the weekly shop using the batch cooking plan
- The usual conversion from Fahrenheit to Celcius, ounces to grams etc... although there is a very detailed conversion table at the back of the book
- I don't have all the tools they suggest (e.g. mixers), but these are probably standard for most homes, and I have been able to work around them
- Hmm.. can't really think of any others!
So - all in all - it's great book and I highly recommend it!
It has all manors of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, snacks & seasonings. It will give you many great easy to follow recipes and the best bit is they are well balanced low calorie options which for anyone looking to lose weight is a must.
If you want to loose weight, and keep it off. Buy this book and join SparkPeople.
SparkPeople is a major U.S.-based weight-loss and fitness website and this book offers up over 160 different recipes built on "real-food, generous portions and great flavours" principles. The central chain of thought is that if you have recipes that you enjoy, that use everyday ingredients and do not require you be chained to the kitchen for hours on end, you are more likely to follow them and not put on the pounds. This reviewer can agree with that. All too many weight-loss books appear to be fanatical, faddish or unrealistic with their aims. The aims themselves sound good yet achieving them and continuing to achieve them is a different matter.
At the start of the book there is a lengthy introduction, a major look at how we eat, the science of dieting and weight-loss psychology and a primer to the kitchen and the art of cooking for those who need it. Plus what seems to be "obligatory" success stories. Now this reviewer might be unduly sceptical but a book of this nature is not likely to feature mini profiles of people who tried and failed to diet/lose weight/go forward so why "waste" pages on this schmaltz. It could be a cultural thing but in any case these inoffensive profiles seemed to just devalue or cheapen the overall programme. Your views may vary.
So onto the food and the recipes, which are split into different meal types or occasions. After a bit of an introduction, scene-setter and background explanation you can finally (!) get cooking.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Out of all the diet cook books this is one of my faveorite, easy to follow and easy to make dishesPublished 13 months ago by Abbi G
great book at a bargain price.sparkpeople are a great team.sign onto them an lose lots of weight eatin healthily .Published on 7 Nov. 2013 by jacquiwacqui
Healthy food that is easy to prepare. Some of the recipes are so simple you will kick yourself for not thinking of it yourself.Published on 28 Sept. 2013 by spinarooroo
This is a very good cook book if you are following a healthy eating plan, even for vegetarians like mePublished on 19 Jun. 2013 by Mrs. J. A. Jervis
This is an excellent book. I am in for bariatric surgery. This book has helped me to maintain a steady weight for the operation. Will be using it for a long time.Published on 17 Feb. 2013 by Kindle Customer jane