- Hardcover: 584 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2009 edition (7 April 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1402095724
- ISBN-13: 978-1402095726
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 4.1 x 23.9 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
8,717,324 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2930 in Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- #5356 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- #6736 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- See Complete Table of Contents
Space Technologies for the Benefit of Human Society and Earth Hardcover – 7 Apr 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
When discussing the advancement of space science and space technology, most people instinctively think about deep space flights, lunar stations, and thrilling outer space adventures. The fact is that the majority of the human technology in space, which consists of interconnected satellites, points towards Earth, and is used to provide services for and fulfil the goals of people on planet Earth.
Over the next decade, there will be an increased need for innovative Earth information systems to support the international space community's efforts to provide a robust infrastructure. This book describes some of the most important applications being developed, along with the space infrastructure upgrades being implemented to support them.
It also provides a comprehensive review of how space technology can be used to resolve fundamental environmental, technological, and humanitarian challenges that we are experiencing on our planet. Finally, the book demonstrates to the IT and business communities how space technology can be incorporated into terrestrial IT applications to facilitate decision-making.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Information Management
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering