Space: The Fragile Frontier (Library of Flight) Hardcover – 30 Mar 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Mark Williamson is an independent Space Technology Consultant advising the space industry and the space insurance community. A Chartered Physicist and Chartered Engineer, he has more than 25 years' experience in satellite communications engineering, technical management and space consultancy. As a technical author, he has written some 350 articles on many aspects of space technology, and several dozen papers on subjects as diverse as space law, space education and space history. He has also served as the editor of three international space industry magazines. His other books include The Cambridge Dictionary of Space Technology and a student text, The Communications Satellite.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Williamson does offer a good discussion of the ethical and legal issues posed by space pollution. Williamson makes a number of claims that he ultimately cannot support with his evidence. Williamson comes across as a bit of an alarmist who presents little reason why we should share his concerns.
This is an interesting book that sheds light on a subject that is all too often neglected.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics