The Spa Encyclopedia: A Guide to Treatments and Their Benefits for Health and Healing Paperback – 8 Apr 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some of the standard American spa treatments have better descriptions, but even so, they are lacking eg contraindications for seaweed wrap: none - erm no, there are actually quite a few, starting with iodine sensitive individuals.
Some of the instructions are the fastest and most efficient way to do something (dry skin brushing with client standing before they get on the table) but not the American standard, more luxurious method of having the client on the table, draped, and working an area then covering.
Section I, The World of Spa, is informative, but Section II, The Treatments, are a bit hit and miss, and as these make up the bulk of the book......
The book is filled out with a colour directory of 2002 spas - that's getting a bit old now.
information about spas go online to [...]
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Complementary Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > History > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Reference
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel