Soyuz: A Universal Spacecraft (Springer Praxis Books) Paperback – 22 Feb 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Praise for R.D. Hall's Soyuz: a Universal Spacecraft
The Aerospace Professional
"Reading this extremely well researched book will show how this admirable concept, once very much on course to reach the moon earlier than the USA, became a victim of it's own diversity. The authors lead us through this tangled web of Russian design and decision process, which does evoke some sympathy for the frustrated engineers concerned and for a facet of the Russian programme, which could have promise so much. This is a superb acquisition for any library or student of the field."
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Soviet/Russian space program has already operated 4 space stations ( Salyut-series, Mir, ISS ). This book by BIS president Rex D. Hall focuzes on the story of the Soyuz spacecraft which has been used to bring both visitors and resident crews to the Space Stations. An integral element of Salyut , Mir and Internatioanl Space Station ISS operations, the small ferry has been the mainstay of cosmonaut transportation since 1967. In addition, since 1978 the unmanned freighter version called Progress has provided a means in which to regularly re-supply a space station and so prolong its orbital lifetime.
Using authentic Soviet and Russian sources this book is the first known work in the west dedicated to revealing the full story of the Soyuz series. The book describes Mission Hardware and Support Docking Missions from 1966 - 70 , the 1971-81 Soyuz Manned Ferry, the 1978 onwards Progress Cargo-Resupply Ferry , the 1979 - 86 Soyuz T manned ferry, the updated Soyuz TM, 1986 - 2002 to Mir and the very latest Soyuz TMA which has become the vehicle to bring crews to ISS since the accident of shuttle Columbia.
An excellent reference work (it includes a complete listing of vehicle production numbers ), the only minus I see is that this book is not available in Hardcover ...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Space Travel & Exploration
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Aerospace & Aviation Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace > Astronautics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology > Space Travel & Exploration
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
- Books > Travel & Holiday