Soylent Meal Replacement Shake, Cacao, 414 mL Bottles, 12 Pack
|Price:||£39.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
20% voucher applied.
Voucher valid until 17 Nov 2018. Details
20% voucher applied.
Voucher valid until 17 Nov 2018. Details
Sorry. You are not eligible for this voucher.
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- ON-THE-GO NUTRITION. Each take-anywhere, ready-to-drink meal contains 20g of plant-based protein, slow-burning carbs from beets, omega-3s and 26 added vitamins and minerals.
- RICH CACAO. Amazing flavour with real cacao powder. Now you can enjoy a chocolatey treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anything in between.
- 20g OF PROTEIN PER BOTTLE. A perfect breakfast replacement, a convenient lunch on hectic days or an after-workout nutritional, high protein shake.
- VITAMINS & MINERALS. With 26 added vitamins and minerals, Soylent delivers the nutrition you want, even when you're on the go.
- PLANT-BASED, VEGAN FRIENDLY. Non-dairy ingredients include isolated protein from soya. Soylent contains no animal products.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
FOOD REFORMATTED. Invented in Silicon Valley, Soylent is a ready-to-drink meal replacement shake, delivering on-the-go nutrition with plant-based protein and slow-burning carbs, plus added vitamins and minerals.
Soylent carefully and purposefully chooses each ingredient to offer a delicious, high-protein meal in every bottle.
Enjoy a chocolatey treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or any time in between. Real cacao powder delivers big flavour in this high-protein, ready-to-drink meal!
Cacao comes in a grab-and-go bottle, so you can throw it in your bag on the way out the door and enjoy a complete breakfast before you arrive at your destination.
Ingredients Chosen With Care
Protein from Soya
26 Vitamins + Minerals
Convenience That Doesn’t Sacrifice Flavour - For Just a Few Quid
Real cacao powder makes Cacao a flavor you’ll turn to time and again for a ready-to-drink meal or snack whenever you need one.
Don’t spend money on a limp salad or a microwave pasta ever again — Cacao is a satisfying, ready-to-drink meal at a great value!
If you’ve ever skipped breakfast after rolling out of bed too late or settled for reheating lunch because of a busy schedule — Soylent is made for you.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Showing 1-8 of 11 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That being said, there are already other (dramatically cheaper) nutritionally complete alternatives on Amazon UK (Huel, for example), so does Soylent bring anything new to the market? Nope; in fact, it almost seems like they just decided to price themselves into a different market entirely. Lets break down the numbers:
One bottle of Soylent = 400kcal
Daily calorie intake for an adult male = 2,500kcal
Total bottles needed per day to hit that level = 6+
So if you were to buy into Soylent's marketing and live on this product, then at the current price of £40 per 12 bottles (1/3 more than Soylent charge in the USA...) you'd be spending £640 a month. To put that number into perspective, it's 35.886% of the take-home pay of the average British worker in 2018. Which is funny really, because 35% is the threshold for what the Government considers to be affordable housing.
In short, Soylent is currently so expensive that if it was a rental/mortgage payment the British Government would officially consider it "unaffordable" for the average worker.
...I'll just stick to food.
- Taste when chilled is almost identical to the US version. Whatever ingredients were changed don't seem to have had an ill effect. Thinner than most other RTDs (I personally prefer it that way), less of an artificial flavour, very smooth without any grit, can be downed very quickly.
- 414ml/400kcal is about right. The size of Saturo (500ml/kcal) and thicker mix could be a chore when used consistently.
- Packaging and presentation are on point. The new rocket bottle is perfect. Ingredient list and nutritional information are much easier to read compared to other RTDs.
- Variation of flavours clearly goes to the EU RTDs thanks to their headstart, not to mention the lower prices across the board. Launching with a variety pack and subscriptions would have had a larger impact.
If you're curious about RTDs, this is the one to try. If you're looking a 100% replacement, wait for the price to come down and sample the competition in the meantime - you may even prefer them.
It's £3.25 per bottle, whereas the US price works-out at around £2.16 per bottle.
And one bottle isn't even a meal, contrary to the 'ready-to-drink meal' on the label - it's 400 kcal. The NHS recommends a daily intake of around 2,500kcal for men, and around 2,000kcal for women. So, for a man, one bottle is around half a meal.
I hope the Soylent powder, which is of course cheaper, is made available in the UK very soon.
Edit: I just tried cacao and it's amazing! I was hesitant to buy this as a I have heard people compare it to Chocolate Saturo which I dislike. This tastes almost like those Nourishment shakes my mum used to drink. I'm going to raise this review from 3 to 4 stars but the pricing is still a problem.
Unfortunately, I found that the pricing is too high at the moment. £39 for 12 bottles. If i want one a day for a month it will end up costing me over £100. Hopefully, as others have mentioned above, the price will be lowered a little if they find the market acceptable.