- Save 20% each on Qualifying items offered by Soylent UK when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Soylent Meal Replacement Drink, Cacao 414 mL Bottles, 12 Pack
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you’re a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Find out more about the programme.
- ON-THE-GO NUTRITION. Each take-anywhere, ready-to-drink meal contains 20g of plant-based protein, slow-burning carbs from beets, omega-3s and 26 added vitamins and minerals.
- RICH CACAO. Amazing flavour with real cacao powder. Now you can enjoy a chocolatey treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anything in between.
- 20g OF PROTEIN PER BOTTLE. A perfect breakfast replacement, a convenient lunch on hectic days or an after-workout nutritional, high protein shake.
- VITAMINS & MINERALS. With 26 added vitamins and minerals, Soylent delivers the nutrition you want, even when you're on the go.
- PLANT-BASED, VEGAN FRIENDLY. Non-dairy ingredients include isolated protein from soya. Soylent contains no animal products.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
FOOD REFORMATTED. Invented in Silicon Valley, Soylent is a ready-to-drink meal replacement drink, delivering on-the-go nutrition with plant-based protein, slow-burning carbs and 26 added vitamins and minerals. We're made without gluten or lactose and we're vegan friendly.
If you’ve ever skipped breakfast after rolling out of bed too late or settled for unhealthy lunches because of a busy schedule — Soylent is made for you. There’s a ready-to-drink meal in every bottle of Soylent, offering 20 grams of plant-based protein and 26 added vitamins and minerals.
Soylent carefully and purposefully chooses each ingredient to offer a delicious, high-quality, high-protein meal in every bottle.
We thought about food, so you wouldn't have to.
Ready-to-drink Soylent gives you a complete meal - no questions asked - all in less time than it takes to boil water.
We're plant-based and made without gluten or lactose.
Because we use plant-based protein, making Soylent requires less water and produces less CO2.
With a year-long shelf life, Soylent products reduce food waste and don’t require refrigeration until opened.
Convenience That Doesn’t Sacrifice Flavour - For Just a Few Quid
- Ready-to-drink meal that helps you stay full
- Rich cocoa flavour
- 20g of Plant-based Protein
- 26 Vitamins & Minerals
- Slow-burning carbs
- Made without gluten or lactose
- Vegan friendly
Jam packed schedule? Trouble with the snooze button?
Soylent comes in a grab-and-go bottle, so you can throw it in your bag on the way out the door and enjoy a complete meal before you arrive at your destination. Just grab a bottle and go!
Everyone loves a classic!
Classic flavours like cacao, offer the rich taste of cocoa with no added caffeine.
Enjoy our Cacao drink for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or any time in between.
Ingredients Chosen With Care
Protein from Soya
See nutrition facts information for fat content.
26 Vitamins + Minerals
|Meal Replacement Shake - Cacao||Meal Replacement Shake - Original||Meal Replacement Shake - Cafe Mocha (Coffee & Cacao)|
|26 Vitamins & Minerals||✓||✓||✓|
|Plant Based Protein||✓||✓||✓|
|Ready to Drink||✓||✓||✓|
|Calories per Serving||400||400||400|
|Made without lactose||✓||✓||✓|
|Made without gluten||✓||✓||✓|
Customers also shopped for
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That being said, there are already other (dramatically cheaper) nutritionally complete alternatives on Amazon UK (Huel, for example), so does Soylent bring anything new to the market? Nope; in fact, it almost seems like they just decided to price themselves into a different market entirely. Lets break down the numbers:
One bottle of Soylent = 400kcal
Daily calorie intake for an adult male = 2,500kcal
Total bottles needed per day to hit that level = 6+
So if you were to buy into Soylent's marketing and live on this product, then at the current price of £40 per 12 bottles (1/3 more than Soylent charge in the USA...) you'd be spending £640 a month. To put that number into perspective, it's 35.886% of the take-home pay of the average British worker in 2018. Which is funny really, because 35% is the threshold for what the Government considers to be affordable housing.
In short, Soylent is currently so expensive that if it was a rental/mortgage payment the British Government would officially consider it "unaffordable" for the average worker.
...I'll just stick to food.
- Taste when chilled is almost identical to the US version. Whatever ingredients were changed don't seem to have had an ill effect. Thinner than most other RTDs (I personally prefer it that way), less of an artificial flavour, very smooth without any grit, can be downed very quickly.
- 414ml/400kcal is about right. The size of Saturo (500ml/kcal) and thicker mix could be a chore when used consistently.
- Packaging and presentation are on point. The new rocket bottle is perfect. Ingredient list and nutritional information are much easier to read compared to other RTDs.
- Variation of flavours clearly goes to the EU RTDs thanks to their headstart, not to mention the lower prices across the board. Launching with a variety pack and subscriptions would have had a larger impact.
If you're curious about RTDs, this is the one to try. If you're looking a 100% replacement, wait for the price to come down and sample the competition in the meantime - you may even prefer them.
I tried another batch, this time the original flavour. Instead of tasting oat-like, some reviews suggested, it tastes like plastic and immediately made me VERY sick (think sweating, diarrhoea, sitting in the toilet wondering if you're going to need to call an ambulance, yes, THAT bad). I shat/vommited most of the Soylent out and immediately felt better.
I decided there's no chance I'm going to go near this stuff again. Out of curiosity I compared the original and cocoa flavours (as the cocoa was nowhere as plasticky and bad as original) and it seems like Original has more Cellulose (which seems like a kind of plastic that isn't digested by the body) in order to "bulk" up the drink and increase its fibre. No thank you.
I really wanted this to work, and didn't even mind the cost that much, but I've had it with drinks like these now. I thought Huel was hard on my body, but this (if you go for original) is far worse. Even if you're not as affected by swallowing plastic-infused liquid immediately, it can't be good to keep drinking this long term.
Regarding the price, I agree with others that it will be expensive if used as a complete replacement for all three meals a day. But I only have it as a supplement for working hours and considering it is no effort to drink it in a workplace it is more acceptable in that sense. Suitable for lazy people like me who don't want to walk all the way to buy food to power through afternoon hours.
Taste is good.