- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Southern African Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)) Paperback – 15 Jul 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'A book like this is a must if you are going on safari. It's an invaluable guide.' Abroad Magazine 'A highly focused view of the best wildlife.' SX Magazine 'This weighty, full-colour guide is unequalled in its sheer level of detail and its readability'. Travel Africa
About the Author
Mike Unwin divides his time between editing natural history books, writing, photography and illustration. He is author of Bradt's 100 Bizarre Animals and co-author of 100 Animals To See Before They Die.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The book is wide in scope, covering mammals, birds, invertebrates, reptiles and amphibians as well as habitats, tracks and how to go about a safari. But astonishingly for a book you can slip into your pocket, it offers much more than a brief overview. Unless you are a specialist, this is all you would really need to appreciate everything you see (other than a field guide to birds, which you would need for identification purposes). Both the photography and illustrations are superb. I'm off to South Africa in a few weeks, and my copy is already dog-eared.
Anyway this book was a definite winner - he had his nose in it the whole time and read it from cover to cover during our time on safari! It's not really a field guide/atlas to identifying species but we did manage to identify several things using it. It's more of an informative guide, providing interesting facts about each animal, written well and with humour. We'll definitely be taking it on our next safari.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series > Bradt Travel Guides
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel