- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
South Shropshire's First World War: Bishop's Castle, Bridgnorth, Church Stretton, Clun, Craven Arms, Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Surrounding Villages Paperback – 1 Jul 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
On 4 August 1914 Ludlow's mayor stood on the Town Hall balcony and read the declaration of war to an expectant crowd. Illustrated with historic photographs, this book charts the war's impact on Shropshire towns and villages such as Bridgnorth, Clun and Much Wenlock: the men who fought; the women who replaced them on the farms; the training camps and convalescent homes; and civilian morale.