Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 May 2014
Not what I expected at all, was looking for more practical information about travelling in South America - this is just a very amateurish collection of emails home with lots of inane twitter which is of no interest at all to the general public. Vanity publishing at its worse.
on 2 March 2014
Reading Sandy's account of her and Nigel's travels makes me want to go - but only if Sandy and Nigel go with me! The wry look at the world that Sandy has and her ability to beautifully describe her surroundings (hostel/town/top of the mountain) in a succinct and entertaining way, makes this a wonderful read which bowls along and never stumbles.
If Michael Palin wishes to retire, what better replacement than this author!
on 2 April 2014
Loved this from the colourful cover to the very end. Sandy brought the atmosphere, the people, sounds, sights, smells and colours of South America to life. I could picture it all - from the safety of my armchair - enjoying every vivid minute of her exciting and exhaustingly wonderful experience. Will need to reread this book often - just packed it in my suitcase to read again while holidaying in the sun? here in good old Blighty! What a wimp I am!
More please Sandy!
on 24 May 2014
I was given this book before setting off to travel " in my golden years" and it single handedly inspired me to Get up and GO...and enjoy everyday in climes new & foreign, as did the intrepid Sandy & Nigel
A thoroughly enjoyable read . Full of warmth and humour which was both inspirational & informative .
It would make a wonderful tv series ! The Good Life gets Better !
on 9 February 2014
I'm not normally a fan of travel books but this one grabbed me. A fascinating approach with a touch of Laurel and Hardy. So refreshing to have a cheerful positive account even on matters as dire as being robbed in the Pizzeria and running out of readies. Loved it for it's humour and descriptions of far away places. PS any one know what Peep Toe Willies are pg 64 ??
on 26 March 2014
A really funny and interesting read, The book brought South America to life. A must read for the traveller wishing to visit this area. But still a super read if staying home just live the holiday through Sandy and Nigel's eyes.A brill read..........
on 31 December 2013
I love the way Sandy cleverly takes you with her on her backpacking adventure with an abundance of hilarious anecdotes, droll observations and interesting narration of all the wonderful sites visited. A must read for anyone who wants to travel (or even if not) or who has already been there - a thoroughly good read.
on 29 March 2014
A really great read,written in a lighthearted way but full of interesting stuff. How encouraging is it to us all to get out there and do something like it.
on 27 March 2014
An interesting and fun trip around South America. A well written and thoroughly enjoyable read, essential for all Back Packers. Excellent.
JimR
on 25 July 2014
A charming memoir from Sandy Rose, a delightful read that romps along at a cracking pace bringing the sights and sounds of South America to life.