Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Learn more Fitbit
Customer Discussions > Dead Space 3 (PS3) forum

Sounds Like Free-Roam... Good or Bad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Aug 2012, 00:25:34 BST
Daniel says:
Ok, I understand how developers exploit the word "explore" and "discover", to make their game sound bigger and more deep and exciting, but the description makes me feel like there is going to be more free roamy than the occasional Necromorph-packed side room with a bit of extra money and maybe a Power Node in it. What do you guys think, would you like it if was more open worldy than the previous games? IMO I wouldn't mind TOOOO much if I could wander around, but this is supposed to be a survival horror series, you know, limited ammunition, low volume of enemies but ones that have the potential to ruin your pretty face. If there's a lot of wandering about and regular fights, not to mention, there's PROBABLY going to be a temperature gauge that forces you inside occasionally. So I guess it could be pretty linear. Oh no I've gone cross-eyed...

Posted on 17 Dec 2012, 10:44:08 GMT
Clare says:
Not sure that a survival horror game would work if it was too open world. But it is nice not to be led around by the hand with these games.
Looking forward to this one a lot

Posted on 11 Jan 2013, 20:21:11 GMT
It's not going to be free-roam.. More like the first Crysis I guess.. According to a lot of people it's still scary.. As shown on the new trailer it has scripted scenes too.. And the producer (I think) has even said it's the scariest yet, imagine snow storms, unable to see barely your own shadow as nechromorphes can come from any angle, even under the ice. But if it was full free-roam.. It's still Dead Space, so it'll still be IMO the best horror series ever made. Although most likely people will throw a tantrum if it's free-roam, they did it with Assassin's Creed 3 despite it being the best in the series.

Posted on 13 Jan 2013, 09:36:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2013, 09:37:36 GMT
David says:
I have to agree with the original poster, the gameplay trailers look like they've gone the latter Resident Evil games route; action over the survival horror element. Personally I liked RE5 & 6 as games but they weren't survival horror at all. I doubt the free-roam angle of DS3 would ruin it but the ice planet setting and mostly non-dark locations probably will. If anything the games looks like Lost Planet 2. I'll reserve judgement till review time but won't be picking this up as a day one purchase as it doesn't look true to the franchise's other entries...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 3 (PS3) forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  11 Aug 2012
Latest post:  13 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Dead Space 3 (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars (152)