Colour Name: Copper|Change
Price:£13.99+ £2.99 shipping

on 6 October 2010
I am fussy when it comes to headphones. I have always bought Sony headphones before and am quick to check the frequency range in the technical requirements and wouldn't usually buy any for under £30. I was a bit wary of the glowing reviews these headphones received on here and wondered how they could sound so good for so cheap but it seems........they can! I use them with my iPod and generally listen to rock and electronic music. The sound is rich and bassy. Perhaps a bit too bassy for guitar based songs but a quick adjustment on my iPod EQ fixes this. The noise cancelling is excellent and you get loads of ear buds to accommodate for all sizes. They're ace!
on 11 February 2011
These headphones are a little out of my usual pair as i usually settle for a set of sennhieser in-ear headphones that set you back at roughly £40.
My mate recommended these as he said they had superb bass and and a gentle treble that softly interacts in the music to create a smooth sound finish and a very clean sound also.

The headphones come with all different shapes and sizes of in-ear buds to suit anyone with different shaped ears, even though i wouldn't recommend the foam ear buds if your ear canal rapidly decreases in width as this can effect the quality of the bass that you can hear through the ear buds.

Another good thing about these headphones is that both of the leads are the same size meaning that you do not wear it round the the neck. The reason i have brought this up is that i have problems in the past from headphones that you wear round the neck and the left earphone goes after a while due to general stress and wear and tear from constantly being tugged out of the ear.

Now onto the comfort...
I consider comfort to be the 2nd most important part of headphones since if you can't enjoy the music comfortably, you cannot enjoy the music. These fit in the ears very comfortably and do not stick out and therefore not causing stress on the cartilage.

The sound quality...
The sound quality is surprisingly very impressive for such a cheap set of in-ear headphones. The headphones manage to capture the right amount of bass and depth in the field of the music so as to create a natural reverb when you listen to it. The high frequencies of the music neatly glide over the top and in intense music, do not reduce the quality of the bass.

One slight problem i have had is from me being a perfectionist, when the music is turned up full, the headphones do surprisingly well to cope with such a demand. But then you can hear the quality is somewhat slightly effected in the bass end due to slight clipping from the higher frequencies.

Overall i would highly recommend as a good buy especially if you want them as a pair that you can use anywhere
on 9 December 2009
This is an amazing in-ear earphones. If you don't wanna spend too much on a BOSE or SHURE and you wanna have a complete Bass filled earphones, then you should definitely try the SoundMAGIC PL11. I bought a Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control expecting it to be really cool and this product really made me sad cause it didn't match my expectations for the price I paid. Then I researched and wanted to try out other brands, since I couldn't afford brands like SHURE or BOSE. I then bought a SoundMagic PL11 and "WOW", it was one on the best products for its price. The bass effect is really amazing and its performance can be atleast matched to the performance of products which are 3 or 4 times the price of PL11.
I suggest you to buy SoundMAGIC PL11 any day and you wouldn't regret your buy.
AMAZING is just mere words in front of this Earphones.
on 9 December 2010
These earphones are amazing value. They appear to be well constructed, and have a robust looking cable flex around the angled headphone jack, so they should hopefully last longer than others.

They come bundled with plenty of extras, including a massive bag full of spare ear buds, which is a nice touch, and a soft pouch to store the earphones in. The clip on the cable makes this a good choice for running etc and stops the earphones being pulled out.

Aesthetically, they look fantastic - classy, cool, and understated (mine came with black ear buds rather than the clear/white ones in the product image).

Finally, the SoundMAGIC PL11s sound phenomenal. They really do deliver on their promise of clarity twinned with strong bass response. Easily as good as, if not better than, an old pair of Sennheisers I had. The PL11s handle both fast, punchy basslines and longer, grimier drops flawlessly. Although I'm no techie, I do love my music, and I can't imagine a better sounding pair of earphones.

I recommend these earphones unreservedly.
on 24 January 2011
For their type and price these earphones sound really very good. However it is important to choose the correct size of earbud for you.
With the original fitted buds, the bass sound was poor, changed the buds,[a selection of sizes supplied] and the bass came to life while still keeping a fairly detailed mid and treble. Comfortable to wear and stay in place well.
If sound quality is most important to you however, maybe you should consider traditional headphones. If I compare the sound quality of the Soundmagic PL11's to Sennheiser HD202's, which I have had for a few years, the Sennheisers have a more detailed sound and are not much more expensive.
Overall though, a good buy.
on 18 October 2011
I have tried a few different pairs of in-ears but never found a pair I like - I was using some over-ear phones from Sony for a while, because I thought I would never find a pair of in-ears which would stay in my ears. I don;t know what it is about my ears but headphones seem to fall out easily, particularly when moving any more than "statue" mode.

The last ones I tried were Sennheiser CX-300II - great sound but as soon as I moved they were falling out.

These SoundMagic were a punt then, as I hadn't really heard of the company, but having read the reviews and looking at the price I thought it was worth a try - I am so glad I did. Bass reproduction is clear but beefy, mid-range is fine for me (may be a bit low in the mix for others but I like a "scooped" sound) and treble is refined but sharp enough.

For the money these are a revelation.

Oh and they stay in the ears! For a pair of in-ear phones I would say this is a pre-requisite - and even my wife whose ears are tiny (not like my great lugs) finds them comfortable.

No more "statue" listening to my favourite tunes - now I can jog, cycle, sing up mountains, make love, all with my phones in! Not that I do any of those things you understand, but I could... thank you SoundMagic.
on 27 October 2011
I've been using these for a while now and very impressed with the build and sound quality for the price. Previously I've used Creative and Sennheiser but found them a bit flimsy in comparison. I was sceptical given the price but they have held up to 5 months of daily use so far. Some people may find them a little bass heavy but this can be reduced by using the smaller ear buds supplied. My only real critiscism is the the 'L' and 'R' markings are almost impossible to see as they are very lightly 'engraved' into the black rubber strain reliefs.
on 13 September 2011
I was looking for a new set of earphones to replace my faulty sennheiser CX300s and decided to take a punt on these after reading several positive reviews in some audio forums. First thing I noticed was the great packaging, very professional and good looking. Next thing was the weight of them, not all light and flimsy which suggested decent quality drivers. Finally the sound, very well rounded, and not with the overblown bass that some isolating earphones have. A very good alternative to some of the branded earphones available at a similar or higher price.
on 25 February 2011
I have had these headphones for a few hours and I can already say that these are brilliant earphones!
I normally listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers which are known for their awesome funky bass lines and I can hear this so clearly from Itunes!
They are comfy heaphones, really easy to change the earbuds (takes about 5 seconds to change them!) and overall great sound!
If there's a song with a high bass, these babies will pick it up so well its crazy, plus you can't hear anyone as well which is great as well!!
on 1 February 2012
I never liked the idea of listening to some music on the streets. We always need our ears to help to walk about, like when I cross the street sometimes I will only listen to see if a car is coming, don't even need to turn me head.

But, in public transport there are quite a few noise fellas knocking about, right? I get well annoyed with people talking loudly in the tube/bus. I don't need to know what they are talking about. So I bought this cool pair of earphones.

I'm a bass player, and I use high quality headphones at home, so quality and bass are a must to me. These ear phones are well built, don't look cheap, have a very good quality when compared to the ear phones that come with me mp3 player.

Well worth it.

Plus I'm saving a lot on cotton buds.