on 1 April 2017
I purchased this to replace the identical transmitter I'd purchased over five years ago. The identical item still works, but I managed to break some of the casing, making it fiddly to plug in and out of the car lighter socket. I've been more than happy with the performance and quality of the old one so I didn't bother looking anywhere else for a replacement. I'm sure this one will last a lot longer and I will ensure I don't stupidly damage it this time. It's an excellent FM transmitter and I would not hesitate recommending it to anyone.
on 27 January 2017
Sound quality is fine, easy to set up and versatile.
First one that I got seemed to have a fault - it kept starting with the same track (instead of last played track) and only playing on the right-hand channel. A replacement was supplied very promptly (thank you Satechi Customer Service!) I have since discovered that this may be an inherent problem - either that or I have been unlucky twice!
One thing that I cannot fathom is the supposed "shuffle play" algorithm. As far as I can tell, instead of shuffling all the tracks, it develops some kind of internal random playlist of, perhaps, 256 tracks, so you hear a selection of different artists/bands but only the same limited number of tracks from them.
I need to experiment with this, but suspect that the number of files on the memory device may be a factor, as the instructions say that it can take 32GB "about 1999 tracks". My SD card currently has 2200 files on it. Perhaps over 2000 tracks it throws an algorithmic wobbly.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 September 2014
Was a bit inconvenient when first one arrived with a cracked screen (insufficient packaging) but ofcourse with Amazon's amazing customer services, I had no issue returning it for a refund and placing a new order.
Luckily second arrived perfect.

My car's CD player is built in and has no MP3 reading function so needed one of these..
The transmitter itself is pretty good, multiple station programming and the display is pretty useful ( I had one without a display which was inconvenient at times)
Sound quality is very good (assuming you can find a frequency that has no nearby radio stations because it'll fizz a bit)
Remote control is useless (cheap and, well you're sitting right next to the transmitter :)
Accepted my Micro SDHC (32GB) inside a full SD adapter without any issues.

Hope that helps :)
on 8 April 2017
Terrible quality. It arrived in good time and I had high hopes based on the mainly positive reviews. The unit feels cheap, and felt like it was going to fall apart when inserted into my cars 12v socket. It powered up straight away but unfortunately this was as far as I got. The screens backlight lit up with a light purple hue, but the lcd display would not show any text at all, meaning I had no hope of navigating folders or even tuning it to a station. Dissapointed overall, maybe I just got a dud but I have returned it now and wont be taking a chance with another.
on 7 March 2017
i bought this last year purely on the reviews although there were a lot of other cheaper ones. It worked the first two times thereafter it stopped working completely. I changed the fuse, tried it in different cars (4 cars) and it's dead. i don't know what else i can do. The times it was working, it was good. I am looking for another one now, now that the uk law has changed on using phones!.
on 4 October 2013
When I first bought it was fine bur after 15 months failed and packed up.
I changed the fuse but no way it will wotk.IT IS QUITE EXPENSIVE ITEM 46 POUNDS AND FAILS AFTER 15 MONTHS.IN THE LAST FEM MONTHS THE SOUND STARTED TO DETERIORATE AND THEN EVENTUALLY STOPPED TO WARK.46 POUND IN THE DRAIN.
I dvise to avoid this item as it does not last long.
on 7 September 2011
Well I can't add much to all the other 5-star reviews of this device. It's all been said and it's all true.
It works brilliantly and I'm very pleased with it.
My family and I have loaded up several SD cards and USB sticks with our own preferred music and they all play perfectly and display information on the car radio screen.
My son's i-Pod plays via the AUX-in socket - also perfectly.

What I CAN add is a review of the customer service.
Some days ago I dropped the remote in the car and yesterday when I tried to find it there was no trace.
Eventually I searched for Satechi's site and clicked on the 'Contact Support' link.
I sent a message asking if it was possible to buy a replacement remote and within a couple of hours I received a reply saying that they would send me one free of charge.

Now that's customer service!
on 30 March 2017
Absolutely useless. Have had for just over 6 months and it's Fallen apart and can't be used. Have to say I contacted the company and they've offered a replacement free of charge. So let's hope that one is better.
on 27 May 2017
An excellent item bought at a good price. Produces exceptionally clear sound. Would recommend highly.
on 24 July 2017