Colour: Red|Change

on 14 July 2015
So let's be honest here. You're browsing for in-ear earphones. Your budget is clearly fairly small (like mine was) yet you're probably sick of getting those 10 quid Sony/Creative ones that break every 2 months.

You like heavy bass, but certainly don't want Beats.
You probably commute and want to drown out the guard's announcements and the next stop is XYZ (note: I hate commuting).
You may want to use it to drown out noisy colleagues, neighbours, guinea pigs, whatever.
You probably want something that's not going to 'bleed' noise (unless you're 15, at which point I suggest you browse for portable speakers, or even better use the awesome in built power of your phone speakers).
You may like Classical music, Rock, Metal, Choral, Choir, Indie, Electro or any weird combo of them all (I do).
You probably want something that isn't going to break after you lose the carry bag and just stuff them in pockets/bags.
Ideally, they won't look terrible either.

Therefore, after many years of searching, I can safely say that I think I've found the absolute bees-knees of cheap and awesome earphones. The sound quality is supreme. No really, it is. The build quality is solid. The design is unique but very comfortable, and they have the look & feel of a 200 quid pair.

Honestly, if anything I've said resonates, buy these puppies. You will not regret it.
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2014
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have around 6 pairs of different makes of headphones from other notable manufacturers including JVC, Sony and Sennheiser. 4 pairs of which are more expensive than these. But these are by far my favourite. You get a clearer sound, they fit perfectly to my ears (different bud sizes for you to select), and look very nice. You have to take the noise cancelling and tangle free claims with a pinch of salt. yes its harder to get them tangled but still possible (well I managed it), and it does reduce outside noise a bit but nothing compared to proper noise cancelling headphones. But for the money they are great value and I thoroughly recommend them.
on 7 November 2016
By far the best pair of headphones from this price point that I've owned. The sound quality in particular is really great considering how cheap they are. Also the 'tangle proof' wires do kind of work - they don't tie themselves into tight knots like regular ones do which is nice.

I spent a minute or two trying out the different sized earbuds when they arrived and achieved a fit I'm pretty happy with.

Would definitely buy them again/recommend to a friend
on 22 July 2014
Didn't last long. The glue around the edge of the ear piece itself lost its stick, and every time i took it out my ear it ended up in my hands in 2 seperate pieces. The sound quality was good but the build quality was shockingly poor and wouldn't advise anyone to waste money on a promising set of earphones which will disintegrate
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2014
Colour: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have tried various speakers, headphones and earphones over the years, and each set seems to have a different sound to the last. What I like about these earphones is the detail they portray in even the most familiar recordings. The bass is good and strong, without being overpowering, and slight percussion sounds are noticeable like never before. This pair boasts a 'soundstage' feature, which seems to separate each channel, and therefore each part of the music, to create a more satisfying overall listening experience.
The earphones themselves are a snazzy red colour, and seem robust, with a choice of soft earbuds depending on the size of your earlugs! The cable, also red, is exremely durable and impossible to tangle, and a useful bulldog-type clip is attached , which I found handy to attach the wires to my shirt to prevent them dangling everywhere. Also included is a purse-type bag, which is actually large enough to fit an IPOD in as well as the earphones.
Overall, one of the better sets of earphones I have used, and although my Sennheiser ones remain my favourite, for this price I would recommend these for everyday use. I award these 5 stars...
on 16 April 2016
I treat my earphones like they're riot shields. My earphones are subject to so much physical abuse. This earphone has been with me for 5 months, still working. I like the way it blocks most of the sound. Don't expect sennheiser quality yea. I must say the bass isn't strong enough.
on 4 June 2016
Had these two weeks and very pleased so far. Sound quality is excellent for the price - I am hearing details in recordings I never knew existed and the treble-bass balance is good. They have been decently robust - have already been through the washing machine once and come out working fine !
on 4 August 2015
Awesome! I was really worried about fit as I never seem to have any luck with IEMs but this kind of hybrid bud / IEM stays in great as the bud parts works with the in ear bit to keep them in!

They also sound pretty great, not that I know a lot about audio but they sound good to me and other reviews I've seen assure me I'm right :-)
on 19 December 2014
For thirty quid or so, you get the earphones, a little carry bag, three sets of different sized buds and a cable clip for your shirt.

The cable doesn't tangle up much and is quick and easy to untangle when it does. It feels good quality, though I found it did transfer a fair amount of unwanted noise to the speakers when I moved around. The shirt clip helps.

The design is great. The speaker parts are angled so the buds fit into the cusp of your ear canal while looking nice and flat from outside the ear. The medium sized buds were the best fit of the three for me and felt pretty comfortable at first, although I did get sore ears after a few days use.

Sound-wise, these are just ok. I found them a little trebly with e.q. Set to 'off' (using them with an iPod nano). I tried all the various e.q. presets but none really did it for me. Same trebly sound when used through my stereo.

In the end, with the sore ears and slight trebly sound, i returned them. Thumbs up to amazon for the no quibble refund.

So, three or maybe four out of five, not bad for the the money I suppose. Great design, just lacking quality sound I thought. The thing about headphone reviews is you can never really say "these headphones will sound great to you", just as you can't really say "these glasses with make you see better" or "this hat is massive".
If you were after a pair of gloves and some reviewer said "these fit like a glove" would they be perfect for you? What if that reviewer was Jeremy beadle?

Similarly priced are the ei8htball EX811s . They feel much softer in the ear, they're comfortable for long periods and they sound amazing. (To me anyway)

I'd say the ES20s are worth a try, but it's the 8balls for me. They're near perfect. Even without the bag and the shirt clip.
I'm keeping them. I think you will too.
on 18 July 2015
These actually are easy to put in my ears and the fantastic thing about them is that they do not come out even with vigorously shaking my head. I'm no audio expert but the fact that they stay in i can get true stereo effect and they sound great to me.