Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.99|
Save £8.00 (62%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Price set by seller.
The Sound of Paper: Inspiration and Practical Guidance for Starting the Creative Process Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Firstly, it helps that this book is not a 'how to' at all, though it may appear like one. In fact, it is a practical study of the artistic psyche -- Cameron explores issues such as what causes writer's block, how to cure it, and how to keep it at bay. The exercises at the end of each chapter are more confidence-builders than writing exercises -- and though some (such as one which recommends that you do some mending!) are a little offbeat, others can be real eye-openers and helpful starting points for creating new work.
Furthermore, Cameron writes from an "I've been there" perspective, and starts every chapter with a little glimpse of her own life, which draws the reader in. She also quotes other artists of her acquaintance and is able to give good examples and make practical suggestions for a more productive and creative life.
This book really has changed the way I approach my writing work. A fantastic read -- inspiring and enormously helpful.
It's the best book I've read for a long time
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a good read.Full of support and help for a creative life.Published 9 months ago by Mrs Lorraine Gaye Wilson
still reading and it keeps surprising me with little tasksPublished 9 months ago by christopher david smith
Just what I need to put a boot in the derrier and make writing a regular and productive activity. Beautifully put together.Published on 15 July 2014 by Helena Bright
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Reference > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Art
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Creativity & Genius
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Self-Help