Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 June 2015
Anything from the Partridge Family is pure greatness. Value for money with 2 albums on one disc too.
on 28 July 2015
its very good
on 31 January 2013
GREAT BUY,YET AGAIN FROM 7TS,2 GREAT ALBUMS,GOOD LINER NOTES PICTURES, AND THE CD IS A PICTURE DISC AS WELL!! SOUND MAGAZINE IS MY FAVE OF THE TWO!
on 25 January 2014
Replacing all my David Cassidy vinyls that I havnt been able to play for years loved it.Took me straight back to those carefree days
on 7 September 2001
This CD is a must for David Cassidy fans. Being the third PF release, DC had a much more mature sound and much more imput on the recordings. If, like me, you had all the PF albums of the day, you may remember this as being one of the best. The songs were well written and expertly arranged - they really do stand the test of time. I am a teenager again!! When I first played the CD I could remember every song and all the lyrics - it obviously made a big impression on me in the '70s. I think the highlights of the CD are "One Night Stand" - co-written by Paul Anka and Wes Farrell and Tony Romeo's "Summer Days" a song that was originally intended to be a solo for David. David's voice is excellent and had a real maturity beyond his 21 years - the last song "Love is all that I ever Needed" co-written with Wes Farrel shows more of David's style at the time - he was and still is an exceptional talent. Overall this CD is a great buy - the tunes are melodic and upbeat and the recording very clear. I appreciate it more as an adult - knowing now all the effort that went in to create such a sophisticated sound. Buy it - you won't be disappointed.
on 30 April 2002
Having recently rediscovered my teen hearthrob, David Cassidy, I purchased this to remind myself of his Partridge Family days. It includes a couple of better known numbers(I woke up in love this morning, Summer Days & Echo Valley 2-6809)but all the songs have stood up well to the test of time. David's voice is as wonderful as ever and it brought happy memories flooding back for me - a great feelgood record.
on 26 September 2003
"Sound Magazine" is arguably the best of the albums put out by the Partridge Family. There are four songs from this album that made it on to the group's greatest hits collection. "One Night Stand" is one of the more mature songs in the Partridge repertoire, counter-balanced by the rather sappy "Echo Valley 2-6809" and sunny "Summer Days." But "I Woke Up in Love This Morning" is probably the group's most typical hit since their first one, "I Think I Love You" (hey, (is it really a group if we are talking about David Cassidy sing leads, Shirley Jones providing some harmonies, and a bunch of revolving studio musicians?). I am still sticking to the basic premise that basically every really good song by the Partridge Family is on their greatest hits collection. However, if you are a fan of David Cassidy and have been since a very young age, then please go ahead with reliving the happiest moments of your childhood.
on 6 September 2001
This record is a clean and bubbly, all that you need in this album that can entertain all ages. This album has jumped out the 70's from vinal to cd. As a listener of this cd and only 17 years old i can conclued that this album is well worth a listen. As soon as you stick it on it hits you the purity in the songs. One night stand, Summers days and I woke up in love this morning are my fave track and they each are equally excellent. the harmonies in the songs, that make the classic partridge soung ring out loud throughout this album. David Cassidy sounds as great and sexy as he does on any of his record from the 70's great album. 10 thumbs up. Grab it i find the music addictive. This is by far the most mature and best album that was produced from the partridge family. it's a good egg.
on 18 December 2010
I have this album on vinyl and my favourite track is Twenty Four Hours a Day written by Wes Farell and Danny Jenson.Its just fascinating how their music has stood up so well to the test of time since its first release in 1972 . I am not sure though if it has stood up that well in the intervening years.What I mean by that is through the late 70s and 80s and 90s and into the 21st century.The style of music is acceptable now but I wonder if listening to it in say the 80s you would have regarded it as old fashioned by 1980s standards?
Anyway its great to have these albums out on CD and listening to them again is great.The sound is excellent especially the strings and horn arrangements and of course the David Cassidy voice is good too.Other Partridge Family albums are Up To Date,Notebook,Shopping Bag and the Christmas album.
on 6 December 2006
The third offering by TV's Partridge Family still holds up as not only their finest record but one of the early 70's best pop albums. David Cassidy is in top form, supported by an excellent group of studio musicians and singers. "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" still packs the same punch it did over 35 years ago. An excellent pop record, there's not a clinker in the bunch. If you're wondering why the PF was so wildly popular, just take a listen. I'll match this well crafted collection of songs against any of today's "boy-band" offerings.