Soul Eater NOT!, Vol. 2 Paperback – 30 Oct 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A brand-new school life story spun off from Atsushi Ohkubo's New York Times bestselling Soul Eater series!
About the Author
Atsushi Ohkubo's debut manga series, B.ICHI, originally appeared in Square Enix's MONTHLY SHONEN GANGAN magazine. Upon completion of the series, his concept for SOUL EATER began as a series of shorts appearing in the same magazine and later became the long-running work that has earned him international renown. In 2011, he began working on a prequel series entitled SOUL EATER NOT!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is another very entertaining volume of the 'Soul Eater NOT!' manga. While the majority of this volume does remain a lot lighter and softer than its parent series, things do start getting a little darker towards the end of the volume as Shaula's plans begin to affect Tsugumi and her friends. There is little in the way of action in the volume until the final chapter but the volume does advance the plot of the series well and is nicely humorous throughout.
This series is greatly entertaining and anyone who enjoys the parent series should enjoy 'NOT!' as well. This second volume is well worth a full five stars and I look forward to the release of volume three.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I really enjoyed reading this at work during my breaks. ^-^
The story is really about a young weapon who isn't very strong and somewhat shy, thrown in with two more outgoing girls and one potential love interest (boy). Mostly, its just slice-of-life, with excitement provided by Eats in the environment.
In this second volume, Tsugumi finds herself being forced to choose between her two best friends as they both want to be her partner. She hasn't quite caught on that the mysterious boy, hihgly skilled and favored by the Eat teachers, has an ambiguous interest in her. He hints that he wants Tsugumi to be his weapon, or could there be more he wants? What does he see in Tsugumi that others don't see. She's pretty average, though all manga girls are cute, of course.
Just like Bleach, I grew tired of Soul Eater's fighting-manga at around volume 10. Who cares? This story is much more interesting with drama, relationships and hopefully, happy endings.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Anime & Manga > Ranma 1\2
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Anime & Manga > Sailor Moon
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre > Magic & Fantasy
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Dark Horse
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Fantagraphics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Hamlyn
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Image Comics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Titan Books